Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lurker on the forum for a while, but now I had to post. I have a 2015 Challenger R/T Plus. It has the heated/cooled seats and the heated steering wheel. However, I just noticed on Friday night that when I turn the heated seats on, high or low, they turn off after about 5 seconds, on both sides. The heated steering wheel does the same thing. The cooled seats do the same thing, again, on both sides.

Things I've done to troubleshoot:
Downloaded a uConnect update from the website and upgraded the uConnect system via USB
Disconnected the battery overnight
Checked fuse in trunk fuse panel

No luck.
The power drivers seat works just fine, every feature.
I don't know what else I can check. I did check the fuse in the trunk as well, and it appears OK. However the fuse I checked was only a 20 amp fuse. For 2 heated seats, I would expect a bigger fuse, and possibly a relay involved as well... Is there a relay I may have missed that I can check?
Anyone else ever run into anything like this, and have a possible fix, or something I can check?

I took a video and linked to that video below:
Heated Seats Video of what's happening

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been a lurker on the forum for a while, but now I had to post. I have a 2015 Challenger R/T Plus. It has the heated/cooled seats and the heated steering wheel. However, I just noticed on Friday night that when I turn the heated seats on, high or low, they turn off after about 5 seconds, on both sides. The heated steering wheel does the same thing. The cooled seats do the same thing, again, on both sides.

Things I've done to troubleshoot:
Downloaded a uConnect update from the website and upgraded the uConnect system via USB
Disconnected the battery overnight
Checked fuse in trunk fuse panel

No luck.
The power drivers seat works just fine, every feature.
I don't know what else I can check. I did check the fuse in the trunk as well, and it appears OK. However the fuse I checked was only a 20 amp fuse. For 2 heated seats, I would expect a bigger fuse, and possibly a relay involved as well... Is there a relay I may have missed that I can check?
Anyone else ever run into anything like this, and have a possible fix, or something I can check?

I took a video and linked to that video below:
Heated Seats Video of what's happening
Have you had any luck fixing the issue?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Shutting off after a few seconds is generally an indication that one of the heating elements has gone to resistor heaven, although the seats & wheel use different circuits so the behavior is a bit unexpected. Might be a LIN BUS issue going on there but you'll have to have a dealer (or someone with a compliant tool) check for faults - if you get me faults I can help you with inline connector suspects & related wiring to check.

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts