Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mirror has this icon on it I am assuming its heated, my question is how to they turn on? Unless that icon mean something else, Have a 2020 R/T with performance handling package(basically its a base Scat pack package with 5.7 motor) no heated seats or plus package. If I had to guess they turn on when rear defroster is on?
Thanks.
Reflection Electric blue Cobalt blue Mirror

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought they turned on with the front defroster. I usually use both anyway so idk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
That’s funny, I’ve never given it a thought as I’ve never used them along with many other things I the car. If I listed them all nobody would believe it. Enjoy your newly discovered mirror defrosters.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry. Mine is a different system altogether. Mine has one push button for the front and a push button for the rear. No knobs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
From the 2020 Owner's manual:

Heated Mirrors — If Equipped
These mirrors are heated to melt frost
or ice. This feature will be activated
whenever you turn on the rear window
defroster (if equipped). Refer to “Climate
Controls” in this chapter for further information.

Rear Defrost Button
Press and release the Rear Defrost button on the touchscreen, or push and release the button on the faceplate, to turn on
the rear window defroster and the heated outside mirrors (if equipped). The Rear Defrost indicator illuminates when the
rear window defroster is on. The rear window defroster automatically turns off after 10 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Funny, mine were fogged the other day, and I couldn't find a way to turn them on. Forgot about it. I did have my defrosters on, so guess that was it

A Guy

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Fogged? You? Why, because the temps plummeted to 70?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,206 Posts

Rear Defrost Button
Press and release the Rear Defrost button on the touchscreen, or push and release the button on the faceplate, to turn on
the rear window defroster and the heated outside mirrors (if equipped). The Rear Defrost indicator illuminates when the
rear window defroster is on. The rear window defroster automatically turns off after 10 minutes.
Yep, when all else fails, read the manual!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
34 Posts

Rear Defrost Button
Funny thing is that my girlfriend has a 2017 Ram with heated mirrors, but no rear defrost. However, she does have a rear defrost button. Seems kind of odd to me. I guess they didn't want to bother making a heated mirror button.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts