Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Challenger rt I bypassed my heater core but now the temperature is reading hot. When I opened the hood the inside didn’t feel hotter then it normally would. What could be wrong with it?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,699 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk 2KeithG2. While you may get some replies here. I'll also suggest you post your question in the General forum, where it will get more attention. A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,016 Posts
Last thing touched is first thing suspect.

Why did you bypass the heater core? You might consider un bypassing the heater core.

I'm not familiar with the Dodge cooling system/heater plumbing but it reads like you could have re plumbed the cooling system in a way to interfere with the normal flow of coolant through the system.

Oh, by reading hot how you are checking this? Is there an actual coolant temperature digital display (like my Hellcat has) or are you going by some analog temperature gauge? If a digital temperature display what is the reading? How much hotter is it than what it was before?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As stated above I'd ask your question again in one of the other more repair oriented thread arrea's and you will probably get more feedback on the heater core question.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
you probably need to purge air from the cooling system.

the '14 and earlier water pumps have 1/4" pipe plug in the upper water pump - you remove this (engine off) and fill the system to allow air to purge, once some liquid starts running out, install the plug.

Then continue to add coolant to reservoir. If you don't take this step, air pockets are trapped in the pump and it cavitates, not circulating coolant and it will overheat the engine.

Reactions: GreatAmerican

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts