Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These heads will be going on my car once I get the new darton sleeved engine built for it. They are 6.1 cores.

Stock chamber with stock guides. Stock seats were cut out and copper berrylium seats were installed for use with Extreme duty Manley valves 2.125" x 1.625".

Stock valve guides removed, heads have been cnc'd and the valve seats have been valve-jobbed.

Quench pad welded up to decrease CC volume.

Milled back flat and bronze valve guides installed.

Chambers cleaned up and polished. Chamber volume should be in the 60's but will verify today.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
WOW... I can't say anything else except . . . WOW ! !

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Holy Crap! Gonna be runnin' much compression are ya???

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
someone needs to build a high compression motor, like 13.5 to 1 and see how fast a NA car can really go.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have a 14.8:1 piston sitting at the shop. I will take pics and post them tomorrow. It even has spark plug reliefs, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
now thats badarse compression.
how much paper to do a set of heads like that?

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I also wondered when somone would go high cr and alum. rods, fill the block with concrete get wild and really give it he!! Like to see what numbers would come out.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
ink to use on the motor when matching let ya know how much metal your removing. Used as marker.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No custom gaskets needed and the purple stuff is machinist dye.

Srt5939,
Hess would probably run around $3000. Im not sure as I haven't seen the bill yet myself. The copper beryllium seats and valves were pretty Damn expensive alone and that doesn't even include all the man hours in these heads.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
AKA Blueing. We use it at work to set up gears in the Elevator Machines.

I'm thinking with heads that small, flat tops would get you in the High Compression neighborhood real quick. Those earlier mentioned eyelash jobs would really put it up there.

Nice welds btw. Machine done? If not, someone really knows how to lay a bead.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are hand welded. Flat top with stock stroke would be around 11.3:1. Flat top with 4.05 stroke and your looking at 13:1 or close to it.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
What does a 14.8:1 motor make - 600HP, 650HP? I don't know a lot about building motors etc., but the craftsmanship looks really good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts