Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel for work and decided I couldn't deal with leaving my car for 3 months, so I drove from MD to TN (about 700 miles). It was easier to bring some stuff I need, but also I just have more fun when I have my car. Anyone else feel this way?

Also, I saw a post on here a while back of what cars you saw on the trip and thought that was a neat idea. (sorry, not trying to steal your idea, just can't find the post to give you credit)

I saw:

43 mustangs
8 cameros
4 challengers
2 people that said "awesome car" at the gas station
countless kids that stare when you pass
and at least 600 (lost count) altimas passed, and I probably am on the conservative side of the estimate, there were ALOT

Was just kinda interesting to pass the time, anyone else notice there just not that many challengers out there?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds like the bi-weekly cruise night at Gillette stadium, which draws over 1000 vehicles.
Last week:
250 Mustangs
100-Camaros
80-Corvettes
8-Challengers

Numbers are approximate, except for the challengers.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I see Mustang and Camaros every day on my way to work. I see Challengers about 3-4 times a week haha

·
Premium Member
10,522 Posts
Although I never count how many I see here but there are a fair amount of Challengers in my area. I see multiple Challengers daily.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have noticed the same. The Challenger is definitely a more rare sighting, but arguably the most stylish and true to its heritage of the retro cars.

I'm glad to hear these cars are racking up cross-country miles. Cars were meant to be driven, regardless of age. I've driven my un-restored 1960 Ford F-100 (with its never re-built engine) from Maryland to California in the middle of winter, my 1978 Trans Am from Maryland to west Texas immediately after initial restoration, and my 1973 Ford Thunderbird "survivor" (also with a never re-built engine) from Colorado to California, with each trip creating memories I'll remember for the rest of my life. I also used all three of these vehicles as my daily drivers until I purchased my 2014 Challenger in May this year. While I haven't had my Challenger for long, I've already driven it from northern to southern California, with a second trip planned soon. I can't remember who has it posted in their signature line, but it states: not driving your car because you don't want to increase the mileage is like saving your wife for the next guy. Enjoy life and drive your cars. You never when your time is up, and who cares how well preserved or low the mileage for the next random owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts