Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hedman Hedders, to let anyone interested they are a direct fit it's is a great install as long as you, chase your holes , put all of the top bolts in first then slide the headers into place, the middle top bolts are difficult to get to, you will need a stubby ratchet wrench or a 1/4" drive swivel socket to get them gootten tight, and all of the swivels sockets and extensions and swivels you got or think you may need never hurts to have it and not use it then not have it, and have to find it, then add bottom bolts, and torque pattern like heads, the hedders have the egr tube, so emissions are good, I used the old gasket with the upper heat shield they were still in great shape, and because they sent the wrong ones, but I think the Mopar gaskets are better anyway, used some high temp orange forma gasket, the O2 bungs are in a better place for when it comes time to replace them easier to get at , they went right into place and the only thing I found was that you don't have to raise the engine on either side, as they say to clear anything, you will have to use one of the original stud bolts and a spacer which they supply you with for the dipstick, has a nice sound to them as for gas mileage will give update latter, engine temps are the same, will know more on the performance after computer adjusts to them thins is the first day and first drive for about 2 hours, and will see best results after a new tune ! But I went them because of heritage and the number of years Hedman has been around and customer service was great when you called them, and they are a 16 guage stainless the quality was good looks like they should last for a long time

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car runs smoother more torque, better high way performance in higher gears, sounds great! Getting compliments on sound, gas mileage is much better,does a motor good!

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Local to where? I am going to OST Dyno on the 22nd to drop my car off for a Cam, long tube header, high flow cat install and dyno tune. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Local to where? I am going to OST Dyno on the 22nd to drop my car off for a Cam, long tube header, high flow cat install and dyno tune. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
West suburbs, North suburbs of Chicago , or Kenosha,Wisconsin?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts