Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
The way the Hellcat prices have been tanking, if you wait a couple years you will be able to get the whole damn car for that much. :frown:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way the Hellcat prices have been tanking, if you wait a couple years you will be able to get the whole damn car for that much. :frown:
You're probably right......, but think of how cool it would be to drop one of these into an old Duster with the Tremec 6 speed and a Dana 60 rear. :|

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think the price is a bit on the high side for what you are getting. Arrington is selling out of the box crate 6.4's for $8,500. Or you could buy a 426 forged engine from them or a 488 for less than that. Or even better, find a 5.7 with a good engine. spend some money on a supercharger on, and you will be way under the budget of a hellcat motor upgrade.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I think the price is a bit on the high side for what you are getting. Arrington is selling out of the box crate 6.4's for $8,500. Or you could buy a 426 forged engine from them or a 488 for less than that. Or even better, find a 5.7 with a good engine. spend some money on a supercharger on, and you will be way under the budget of a hellcat motor upgrade.

Arrington is history and the Crate gets you three year warranty too and computer and basically bullet proof...I do agree though that is pretty high. It will come down some over time I bet.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,148 Posts
Sorry for the Guys that bought them already, but when the prices get down there, I'm buying two!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
14,226 Posts
Hellcat Crate Engine

Dodge is showing a Hellcat crate engine at the SEMA show. You can also get “plug and play” installation kits, carrying everything from computer to gas pedal. The price might be steep, but this is a warranted crate engine, and it’s a fraction the price of a Hellcat Challenger. The optional easy-install kit comes with an unlocked powertrain computer, allowing for all kinds of performance tuning, as well as a time-saving front accessories kit. Here’s what the Hellcrate will set you back:
  • Hellcat engine assembly (68303089AA): $19,530 (list)- but after a dealer discount, you can buy it for $14,996.
  • Hellcrate Engine Kit (177072452), $2,195
  • Front end accessory drive (177072492), $675
  • Air filter element (177072491), $100
I think anyone who does this conversion will also have to beef up the rest of the driveline, suspension & brakes.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,730 Posts
Now that could be fun. I could put that in my Moose and not have to worry too much about the driveline, suspension and brakes. >:)
BTW, there should be a photo of my Moose in my garage.

Moose: Heavy Duty Ram 2500 Standard Cab Longbed

·
Registered
6,342 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow I did not know that! Of course that doesn't mean "they are no more" but I appreciate the info!
I think they're in capable hands and as you stated, although the Arrington name is absent, at least the product lines still appear to be available.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,085 Posts
Good to see, I hope Chrysler get's more into the performance after market. I always like the old direct connect catalog giving you access to factory engineered parts and knowledge, hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg of good things to come.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,148 Posts
Good to see, I hope Chrysler get's more into the performance after market. I always like the old direct connect catalog giving you access to factory engineered parts and knowledge, hopefully this is just the tip of the iceberg of good things to come.
I agree!

I don't understand why they don't do that too. If you look at all of the money that they are missing out on by not selling more performance parts because that's a HUGE industry!

If you look at GM, they have GM Performance and have a Gigantic selection of parts made by GM for their vehicles. Ford has the same thing with Ford Performance. Dodge is the only one of the big three that is missing out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
the price really isn't that bad.i probably got 15$k in my 440 for my plymouth and it only makes 600hp.compare the price to building an old school hemi and it probably cheaper.in a few years the price will come down.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When someone puts this in a 2010 Challenger and outlines what exactly has to be done, let me know :) By then, the price will come down a bit and I may do it as my retirement project.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts