Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one should I go for to get gain in ponnies?

Which will be better ?

1. Hellcat Airbox Setup. What do I need to order for this? Can you share any link?
2. Mopar CAI . What do I need to order for this? Can you share any link?
3. Your recommendation please?:stickpoke:

:zlurking:

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
You probably won't gain any noticeable HP with either. Any gain is so small, that the dyno's variables won't show a real before and after number.

That said, I went with the HC bottom box and tube, along with a HC air filter element. Can't feel any improvement in HP, but drivability stays very good in hot weather. Cooler air coming in never hurts.

I would say that the best bang for the buck is the HC bottom box and tube. I got all my parts from Luke at Steve White Parts. The Mopar CAI gives you a different look, and more under hood sound, but nothing more IMO

Best of luck deciding

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You probably won't gain any noticeable HP with either. Any gain is so small, that the dyno's variables won't show a real before and after number.

That said, I went with the HC bottom box and tube, along with a HC air filter element. Can't feel any improvement in HP, but drivability stays very good in hot weather. Cooler air coming in never hurts.

I would say that the best bang for the buck is the HC bottom box and tube. I got all my parts from Luke at Steve White Parts. The Mopar CAI gives you a different look, and more under hood sound, but nothing more IMO

Best of luck deciding
I am thinking of going with Legmaker CAI. Do you recommend ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Which will be better ?
Whichever one you like better, will be happier with when looking under the hood, and won't give you buyer's remorse after. :smile:

The performance difference is minimal either way. Folks have studied and discussed this one to death. In the big picture of things, there's minimal difference between stock and any of the other routes one can go with intakes. IMO

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
I am thinking of going with Legmaker CAI. Do you recommend ?

Can't really say, but like others have mentioned, what "looks" good to you will be the biggest difference.

I like the OEM look, and the HC set up flows enough air for the 707 HP motor, so feeding the 485 HP engine is no problem at all. Been very happy, and the set up through Steve White is pretty inexpensive compared to other options.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't really say, but like others have mentioned, what "looks" good to you will be the biggest difference.

I like the OEM look, and the HC set up flows enough air for the 707 HP motor, so feeding the 485 HP engine is no problem at all. Been very happy, and the set up through Steve White is pretty inexpensive compared to other options.

SO I would have to buy,

One Hell Cat Air Box ,

One Tube from inner head light to connect to the box.

Remove the inner head light from the front and add "Dips Screen" to the front.

Anything else I am missing. Can you kindly share you links for Steve White's cart?

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392
185 Posts
Fastest 1/4 trap speed with;

Stock Box - 110.93
Stock Box no filter - 112.19
Hellcat Box no filter - 112.68
Hellcat Box w/ Green filter - 113.14 (DA was highest on this day too)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

Stock Box - 110.93

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Op here is your best answer...and you don't need the dips either....enjoy every which way you go.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

Stock Box - 110.93
Interesting that you are faster with a filter? Ever try the OEM Hellcat paper filter?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Hellcat airbox is the best setup for our cars. It has been tested numerous times. There is a guy that track tested a Mopar CAI and Legmaker CAI and neither one of them picked up anything at the track over the Hellcat airbox.

I've been running that setup for a while and remove the air filter at the track. Best of both worlds by allowing more fresh ambient air in while also being enclosed to block out hot underhood air.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts