Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Looked at a filter upgrade. I read these threads in here that explain the difference in the flow rate of the hellcat filter versus the srt filter and so forth.

But when I went to the auto parts store, the replacement air filters in the Oreilly microguard and wix brand were the same filter number for the v6 and the hellcat..?????

Why doesn't puralator, wix, etc have a different filter for the hellcat with the higher cfm? The v6 filter shouldn't be the same as a hellcat or vice versa. Any info guys??

·
Registered
415 Posts
Just buy one from the dealer and be done with it. Then you know for a fact you have the air filter designed by Dodge for the Hellcat.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
Just buy one from the dealer and be done with it. Then you know for a fact you have the air filter designed by Dodge for the Hellcat.

Yep, no sense wasting your time. Get the OEM filter from the dealer.

I pay $25 for the OEM HC filter from my dealer.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,585 Posts
If you get it from the dealer...just make sure it has the correct part number. Should be 68172459AA printed on the side.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help guys. My dealer wanted to charge 40 for the filter. I mentioned everyone else was getting them for around 25. So I guess I will be ordering online from mahle or mopar parts. I was scratching my head about that price.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,585 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. My dealer wanted to charge 40 for the filter. I mentioned everyone else was getting them for around 25. So I guess I will be ordering online from mahle or mopar parts. I was scratching my head about that price.
Rockauto has some pretty competitive prices. I checked online mopar parts dealers and could not find OEM for under $30.

·
Super Moderator
15,408 Posts
The aftermarket suppliers probably go with the one size fits all applications approach vs. making different versions with varying filtration capability.

Go with OEM brand or Mahle [often is OEM supplier for FCA and Mercedes]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts