Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'd think a bigger issue would be the water and soap going through the vents on the top of the hood into the engine bay. Great fix for the intake Hemi4us.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Installed on my 2015 R/T 5.7
Now thinking about car wash.
I kno water gets in during rain, but will it be an issue when water is sprayed into what feels like felt.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Water isn't going to hurt the felt. If you are driving 50 MPH in a rainstorm, not much difference than a car wash. Water flows through the felt tube and out the bottom of the airbox. I do a touchless drive through wash occasionally before I bring it home to do a spray detail and haven't noticed any issues.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It would be hard to believe that Dodge didn't think about people running it thru a car wash.... I'm sure they test them for all kinds of stuff that people might do.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Any water that might get in the air intake goes out the bottom drain. The air goes up through the filter and into the engine. Not an issue.

The cap is clever. If you decide to use one, just remember to remove it before starting the car. My brother used handballs to keep debris out of his intakes on his AFX Hemi Belvedere. Once he forgot to take the balls before starting the engine. It sucked the balls all the way to the bottom of the stacks. He had to take each stack off to pull the balls out. It'd be much easier to open the air box to remove the cap if it gets sucked in but just the same...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts