Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Hellcat air box mod to my Scat pack, now I am forcing air through the headlight into the airbox with a KN air filter, if anyone does mod I can save you a big headache on removing cover on the headlight, just get in touch Scatey

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
what's the secret? lol just share it, and when I removed mine, there was no trick, idk, maybe they changed the plug/cover. and personally, I would have used a stock filter over the k&n............

Reactions: Stitches1974

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's the secret? lol just share it, and when I removed mine, there was no trick, idk, maybe they changed the plug/cover. and personally, I would have used a stock filter over the k&n............
no secret just a pain removing tiny screws that hold the plug in, I did not have a star wrench that fit the tiny screws and the allen wrench worked so so, after fighting to get the inner screw out I used a small chisel to chisel the screw off,

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Agree. I would have stuck to the stock filter, but it's not my vehicle.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah those screws were an absolute pain. Agree. I wanted to set that plastic piece on fire once I took it off.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Widebody Scat Pack
62 Posts
Can someone tell me why you would choose stock filter over K&N?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Best air flow is the stock hellcat air filter.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
no secret just a pain removing tiny screws that hold the plug in, I did not have a star wrench that fit the tiny screws and the allen wrench worked so so, after fighting to get the inner screw out I used a small chisel to chisel the screw off,
ah ok, my 2017 just popped right out, held in with 3 plastic snaps..........

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just ordered the air box and the tube. Found out that the 2019s need a different air tube which seems to be a bit wider. Below is the video I saw and the part numbers for the airbox and the tube for the 2019s.

Edit: Oh and I got the MAHLE Original LX 3482 Hellcat Filter.

Air box: 68175164AC

Air duct: 68322216AA

YouTube vid:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went a little more expensive with a speedlogix CAI. Took the stock air box and air tube our. V-banded the carbon fiber tube on and attached a much larger filter than the OEM. The new intake definitely screams. Ambient air temperatures are higher in the summer due to no heat shield, and the engine is subject to heat soak if allowed/forced to sit running in traffic during summer. However, the whine from the engine compartment alone is enough to warrant the swap. I also removed the left headlight backing to allow more airflow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts