Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Scat Pack for over 3 years....I did the mid muffler delete (leaving the rear resonators) and it sounded awesome with no drone. I traded the Scat for a Hellcat. It hasn't taken long to realize this is a different animal in a lot of ways...For one, I see the mid mufflers are much smaller than the oval scat mufflers. I'm thinking a mid muffler delete would not gain much (sound wise..already know for HP...there is nothing there).

Has anyone done a mid muffler delete on a Hellcat? IF so? thoughts?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Very happy with the mid-muffler delete on my Hellcat:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
599 Posts
for the Scat pack if someone ask me mid delete yah or nay? my response is “hands down the best and cheapest mod I have done, 99,99% guarantee you will not be disappointed“
The difference was that good. would you say the same for the hellcat? the cats mids are so small ttheres nothing to them, is why I ask
One thing I have learned over the years on these forums is exhaust note is very subjective.

What one person thinks is a Great sounding exhaust sounds like shit to another.

I have no complaints about my mid-muffler delete and I would do it again in a second. It is slightly louder at idle, but wakes up the dead at WOT. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I have learned over the years on these forums is exhaust note is very subjective.

What one person thinks is a Great sounding exhaust sounds like shit to another.

I have no complaints about my mid-muffler delete and I would do it again in a second. It is slightly louder at idle, but wakes up the dead at WOT. :grin2:

Going To Get Some Groceries In The Hellcat - YouTube
You should have heard my cutouts on my Scat.....You think Mids are Loud?.....times 4. It woke the dead,,,,then killed them! Sitting in my back yard, they coud hear me start it at 7/11 (1.2 miles away)
and I do not live in the country....in the middle of dense Dallas, with LOTS of ambient noise and traffic. Kinda wondering what cuttouts would do on this Cat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts