Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
That interior is horrific.... dash wise
I happen to agree. The 1st gen modern Challenger is clean. Some say it's plain but it's not complicated. I think the new one looks too complicated and it's full of odd/fluid shapes when the car's exterior style is chizzled and very angular. I think it's out of place.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Altitude

Yeah.....isn't that pretty much the worst track in America for DA. Ive been there a few times and damn.
Can't argue that. Well let's take a guess. Our cars lose over a second of ET and 8 or so MPH.
The supercharger should be a little more forgiving then naturally aspirated, so maybe 11.2 at sea level, and 12.2 here? I think with the drag radials easy 11's here?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The modern lines of the dash and the console. I love the retro styling of the car. That interior is not retro. looks like it should be in a dodge dart. and for 70k that seat cover is a little sloppy but that can probably be fixed. not a fan of the red inserts.

Overall that interior is enough to stop me from ever upgrading to a 2015 regardless of performance.

I'm on my 2nd RT. 2010 inferno red rt and 2013 jazz blue rt

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can't argue that. Well let's take a guess. Our cars lose over a second of ET and 8 or so MPH.
The supercharger should be a little more forgiving then naturally aspirated, so maybe 11.2 at sea level, and 12.2 here? I think with the drag radials easy 11's here?
Don't forget Bandimere is also up hill to the Finish Line.

I really hate that Track.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
*Patiently waiting for the next 5 years until the HC drops in price on the used marked*

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hellcat

One of the guys in the CCC posted that the Hellcat went 12.1 at Bandimere. Not sure if this was with Drag Radials or stock?
There was a cool driving simulator with a 2015 Scat Pack 392 Shaker!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I happen to agree. The 1st gen modern Challenger is clean. Some say it's plain but it's not complicated. I think the new one looks too complicated and it's full of odd/fluid shapes when the car's exterior style is chizzled and very angular. I think it's out of place.
It overlays the 1971 car almost exactly so in some ways it is more retro, but with better materials and a lot more tech that the previous gen challenger

·
Registered
585 Posts
Anyone know if the drivers seat thigh and back bolsters are adjustable?

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Yeah.....isn't that pretty much the worst track in America for DA. Ive been there a few times and damn.
No that distinction goes to our track here, Albuquerque Dragway in NM. We've got the altitude AND the heat. DA's here are typically 6800 to 8000. Its brutal here. My best run here with my 392 has been 13.1. By comparison I ran a 12.2 in Kentucky.

As far as the interior goes, count me as one that mostly likes it. If anything I've got more issues with the way the rear end looks as well as the hood. But none of that is gonna be enough to keep me from having one.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
One of the guys in the CCC posted that the Hellcat went 12.1 at Bandimere. Not sure if this was with Drag Radials or stock?
There was a cool driving simulator with a 2015 Scat Pack 392 Shaker!

The HC you showed in the pics was a M6 version. That time sounds about right for the manual transmission. It would probably run about 1/2 second faster with the A8...... 11.6 - 11.8 or so............ :5:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts