Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it’s been asked before but I could not find a definitive answer;

Can Hellcat brakes be swapped into a Scat Pack? Seems like the same set as an option with the dynamics package. I’m asking since I found a good used set.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yup, all info here on the forums say, if you have the 4 piston brembos, hellcat 6 pistons are a direct swap

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Only need to swap the fronts, the rears are the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The rear swap is because they’re the red Brembos, mine are the black Brembos.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
293 Posts
Thanks guys. The rear swap is because they’re the red Brembos, mine are the black Brembos.
Would you keep the WRT or go to a different wheel, too?

Like to see the WRT wheels with the 6 piston Brembos, bet it would look cool.

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
The WRT's fit the 6 piston Brembos and look like WRT's! Lol

A few years back a forum member swapped his out to the 6 piston set up and had WRT's.

Had a bunch of pics and it looked really good. He was happy with everything, as he ran his SP very hard out in the boonies.

Can't remember his name, but all was good with an easy swap.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you keep the WRT or go to a different wheel, too?

Like to see the WRT wheels with the 6 piston Brembos, bet it would look cool.
Hey Dion yeah I’ll keep the WRTs because I agree they look great. I’m getting them powder coated this week😃. I still have to secure the other brakes before I can say it’s a done deal. Also getting the Hellcat lower air box and inlet tube as well as red anodized aluminum headlight inserts this weekend. Trying to get the beast ready for June 20th.

Btw, I recently reconnected with Scott, a good friend of mine here in town who I discovered is a member of the club. You probably know him. He has a ‘70 Dart. His schedule has made it difficult to attend recently. We’ll all have to get together. I let him take the wheel of the beast last night... traction control off! Perma grin😂

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guy. I think that definitively confirms it. Hope the rotors with this package I’m looking at are in good condition. At least there’s alternatives in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
293 Posts
Btw, I recently reconnected with Scott, a good friend of mine here in town who I discovered is a member of the club. You probably know him. He has a ‘70 Dart. His schedule has made it difficult to attend recently. We’ll all have to get together. I let him take the wheel of the beast last night... traction control off! Perma grin😂
Only Scott I know of in the club has an early Cuda, I think. But I don’t pretend to know everyone. A get together would be fun!

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang sorry I’m wrong, Scott has a’65 Dart, red. He also has a few Mopar projects in process.

So I’m probably going to get the Hellcat brakes set. Today I had the rims all refurbished of curb rash and nicks then powder coated. The color is awesomely matched almost perfectly to the Granite Crystal of the car! Those red Brembos will look perfect behind my “new“ rims.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
293 Posts
Dang sorry I’m wrong, Scott has a’65 Dart, red. He also has a few Mopar projects in process.

So I’m probably going to get the Hellcat brakes set. Today I had the rims all refurbished of curb rash and nicks then powder coated. The color is awesomely matched almost perfectly to the Granite Crystal of the car! Those red Brembos will look perfect behind my “new“ rims.
Then I do know him. He will probably remember me from my green Duster.

Looking forward to seeing the “new“ wheels. Even more after the 6 piston Brembo’s are behind them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts