Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done Hellcat brake upgrades on rt plus yet? Ebay's has good prices on hellcat brake systems..

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Price includes the SRT spindles that you will need? That was always the deal breaker as last I checked the FCA list price was about $700 each and you need all four of them!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They dont say anything about spindles, only that they said it's a direct fit. Rotors and calipers will fit. I thought it was odd.

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
They dont say anything about spindles, only that they said it's a direct fit. Rotors and calipers will fit. I thought it was odd.
I'm pretty sure it is a direct fit on Scat Pack or any R/T that has the Performance Handling Group and therefore the 4-piston Brembos already, but on a standard R/T they will not fit without the SRT spindles. At least, that's how it's always been.

Your other option and much cheaper is the factory BR9 Police Pursuit front 14.5" rotor and caliper kit from Mopar. It's a complete kit and stops great and fits with the stock R/T wheels, something that wont happen with the 6-pistons. Admittedly they don't have the visual impact but they are out there to consider.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure it is a direct fit on Scat Pack or any R/T that has the Performance Handling Group and therefore the 4-piston Brembos already, but on a standard R/T they will not fit without the SRT spindles. At least, that's how it's always been.

Your other option and much cheaper is the factory BR9 Police Pursuit front 14.5" rotor and caliper kit from Mopar. It's a complete kit and stops great and fits with the stock R/T wheels, something that wont happen with the 6-pistons. Admittedly they don't have the visual impact but they are out there to consider.

Says it won't fit my 2015 challenger r/t plus..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price includes the SRT spindles that you will need? That was always the deal breaker as last I checked the FCA list price was about $700 each and you need all four of them!

All in it's about what it will cost for the Baer set up, 6 piston up front, rear 4 piston. everything for about 4 grand. Direct fit for r/t 5.7...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

• Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Check out TCE products i just installed his custom front wilwood kit he makes that uses a factory SRT rotor and a new 6 piston caliper. Paid around $1400 without the rotors for the kit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nicer than Baer pro plus.. Probably all in ,all 4 corners with installation over 5 grand investment... I might pull trigger now that car is paid off...

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Nicer than Baer pro plus.. Probably all in ,all 4 corners with installation over 5 grand investment... I might pull trigger now that car is paid off...
To be clear, i was looking at the baer kit as well. Its a very nice setup and probably built a little beefier than the aero 6 wilwood setup, however just the front was going to run $2,200 and i could not justify the jump in cost. But the biggest key thing to note

The Baer callipers are monoblock aluminum, vs the 2 piece aluminum wilwood. This is what some people would consider stronger.

She stops great though, goodluck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts