Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2012 SRT only has a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, here in Ontario Canada.......no 5 year like the lower models.

Anyone know if the Hellcat would be the same?

·
Registered
166 Posts
maybe a Canada thing? my 13 srt has 5/100mile power train warranty.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I should have read the title of this thread better. sorry. you guys sure get screwed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I can't see a "race car" having more warranty. So I'd think it would stick to the regular SRT warrenty 3/60000

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I can't see a "race car" having more warranty. So I'd think it would stick to the regular SRT warrenty 3/60000
My 2010 SRT. Same thing. 3 years 600000 kms. For SRT including the Vipers.

RT's got the 5/100000 part.

They must think we Canadians drive harder with all our open roads.....lmao

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking....maybe Dodge could give us a warranty that compares to USA's. I don't understand why the USA can have a 5/100 mile warranty (powertrain) and we only get the 3/60 km one.

I would love to see 3/60,000 km bumper to bumper and then...5/100,000 km powertrain.

Are we going to get screwed by Dodge....again :shrug03:

·
Registered
978 Posts
You can get 5 years/100,000km in Canada...

...if you spend thousands of dollars on the Gold Plan rip-off extended warranty. :grim:

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can get 5 years/100,000km in Canada...

...if you spend thousands of dollars on the Gold Plan rip-off extended warranty. :grim:
... or negotiate and get it for $1500ish.

100% agree though - we've always been hosed on our warranty since about halfway through 2005 IIRC. 2004 SRT-4s were the last SRT to share warranty coverage with the rest of the brand (7yr, 100k).

SRTs also never get good financing options from the dealership (banks and other sources, yes). Yes Dodge, punish your best and most loyal customers with poor warranty coverage and higher rates, makes sense.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
... or negotiate and get it for $1500ish.

100% agree though - we've always been hosed on our warranty since about halfway through 2005 IIRC. 2004 SRT-4s were the last SRT to share warranty coverage with the rest of the brand (7yr, 100k).

SRTs also never get good financing options from the dealership (banks and other sources, yes). Yes Dodge, punish your best and most loyal customers with poor warranty coverage and higher rates, makes sense.
Sub vented financing rates through Chrysler are the same from base model to SRT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I just came back from my dealership...well, 3 actually...but I found the one where I'd buy from in a heartbeat. Why you ask?

They'll sell to anyone for MSRP. On top of that...they are still doing Military discount! Which, on the Hellcat, turns out to be around $4K off.

I know many of you would pull the trigger right now, but I'm still on the fence. I just sold my 2013 Mustang GT/CS about 6 months ago and really dig the new 2015's...especially the new GT350. The Hellcat is a different beast, of course, and the added comfort and luxury can't be overlooked. But, and call me crazy, I just like to see all my options in the flesh before spending a heap of dough.

FYI, the car I priced out was around $66K with the discount. I chose the 8 speed, summer tires, sunroof, Laguna seats, Redline paint and bronze wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Crap, I just realised I posted this to the wrong thread, LOL.

Getting back on topic...the warranty was confirmed from my dealership...3/60Km. Not going to change as far as they can see.

I would put my money on the fact that our weather/roads and overall conditions are worse...so we get screwed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was thinking....maybe Dodge could give us a warranty that compares to USA's. I don't understand why the USA can have a 5/100 mile warranty (powertrain) and we only get the 3/60 km one.

I would love to see 3/60,000 km bumper to bumper and then...5/100,000 km powertrain.

Are we going to get screwed by Dodge....again :shrug03:
I think the people in Detroit don't understand the mile versus kilometer thingy. They seem to reckon km sounds like it's more than a mile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts