Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to talk to anyone that has ordered a hellcat...

I'm first on the list at two dealerships and one called me and told me they wanted 10-15k more!

The other dealership hasn't said anything about it, but just said they were waiting for the order banks to open up. I'm curios to hear how everyone else's orders are going.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
No one has a ordered HC in the USA. Only a promise of a order.

Reactions: tledoux

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand... but you can still put down a deposit at some dealers. I was just saying that is what he told me the price was going to be.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
As stated before, if my Dealer should come back and demand $15,000 more after committing to sell at MSRP, I would tell them no. Then I would advise them that I may spend the $15,000, on an ad, to sure that their potential Customer's knew that they were lying sacks of BS. This, I assure you would cost them more than the $15,000 that they had attempted to raise the price by.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Unless you have a written and signed sales order you have no committed agreed price.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
i was told by the dealer near me to be ready to lay down 80-90k for one, F THAT!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was at my dealer. He showed me how he orders on the screens. He has been allocated 1 scat pack no SRTs and the hellcat option isn't even listed. He said "not yet"

He has a black scat pack to be delivered at the end of the month. I know the vin. This car was ordered on May 8th

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
I was at my dealer. He showed me how he orders on the screens. He has been allocated 1 scat pack no SRTs and the hellcat option isn't even listed. He said "not yet"

He has a black scat pack to be delivered at the end of the month. I know the vin. This car was ordered on May 8th

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Did he explain what allocations are based on? You'd think if a dealer wanted an SRT and was willing to pay for it, they would be happy to build it and ship it to them.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Well my order went from pending to confirmed and I was told it looks like Sept 1 when it goes to production so realistically I will not see mine until October! I'm good with that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Jack you up 15k after taking a deposit on a previously agreed price seems like a false advertising lawsuit to me. Like a bait and switch tactic....

Can they do that?

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Jack you up 15k after taking a deposit on a previously agreed price seems like a false advertising lawsuit to me. Like a bait and switch tactic....

Can they do that?
Depends on if the price is agreed to in writing.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
If anyone who wants a hellcat can just wait out the initial feeding frenzy I'm sure you can get one later at MSRP! THEY ARE NOT A LIMITED PRODUCTION CAR!

http://youtu.be/knipqKn7K3o (Updated)

See for yourself!

Reactions: Turbozcs2003

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Depends on if the price is agreed to in writing.
It's all over the internet $59,995

Besides written down or not, your still being lured into the store by a misleading price...... Then made to feel guilty if you don't follow through...

·
Registered
678 Posts
If anyone who wants a hellcat can just wait out the initial feeding frenzy I'm sure you can get one later at MSRP! THEY ARE NOT A LIMITED PRODUCTION CAR!

2015 Challenger Hellcat production numbers - YouTube (Updated)

See for yourself!
Why wait, just find the good dealers out there like I did. MSRP in writing and money down as mine will be the second one ordered, behind the owner of the dealership!

·
Premium Member
4,698 Posts

2015 Challenger Hellcat production numbers - YouTube (Updated)

See for yourself!
Another source backs up your statement:
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...rcharged-hellcat-engine-into-2015-charger-srt

During the Charger unveiling, it was stated:
"Kuniskis said there are no plans to limit production of the Hellcat. Ordering has not yet opened for the Hellcat-powered Challengers, dealers said."

1 - 20 of 32 Posts