Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, What would you do? If you could get a hellcat from a dealership that has been allocated 1 Hellcat and you can get the car for invoice plus doc. fee, dealer prep and TT&L. No other dealer in the area will be getting one within 50 miles. If you could get the car, would you consider reselling it for a profit,or just keep it. Just kinda wondering what the percentage of peoples thoughts would be as to make money or keep.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You're going to be able to buy the car from the dealer, take it off the lot and then immediately turn around and sell it privately for a profit as a "used" car? Maybe i'm not understanding the scenario but that doesn't seem likely. Even if you were able to find a buyer, your profit would probably not be worth the hassle IMO. I'd much rather have a Hellcat than a few extra grand in my pocket.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No hesitation. Keep it!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Tax alone is gonna sting you $3-5000 or so depending on your local rate, plus the other fees, so you've go to convince someone to spend $6-8000 more than invoice if you plan to make anything at all for your troubles.
And why would a dealer sell to you at invoice?? There's gonna be dealers out there willing to do trades for more money than that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Going onto it with the idea of flipping is a bit risky. If you can use the car as a business vehicle, the Section 179 write off mitigates that risk a bit because with a little effort, you could likely sell the vehicle for close to MSRP in the early part of next year if needed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A hellcat is not +6000# GVWR - and you would still be taxed the following year for the sale, as there is no basis from a section 179 elected asset

1 - 7 of 7 Posts