Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off,

I've searched and seen the older threads on this topic. Detailed and very informative but unfortunately doesn't really help me out. Or maybe I just don't understand.
I have a 2013 challenger that came with HID headlights, I wanted the more aggressive hellcat front end and ended up going that route. I'm about 80% done. But I can't figure out the wiring for these headlights. I was told I needed to splice, so am I supposed to splice one of the two wires with the correct 16-pin connector and plug it in on the new headlights? The car is at the body shop atm.
Can someone guide me as far as what is necessary to properly wire everything up? I see/read different information and just want to make sure before cutting anything. Greatly appreciate the help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Beyond,
You didn’t get the memo?
Your first problem is the headlights and wire harness connectors changed at 2015. The 2015 headlights and connectors are not compatible with 2014 and previous. Your gonna have to find a connector kit and figure the wiring out. I myself have not done the mod what I did was the 2011 to 2014 front bumper on my 09 and retained my original headlights. Try the Retrofit Source. They should be able to guide you.

My 2009 SRT8
F80C2754-2C43-4A75-B881-5640E24E3578.jpeg

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beyond,
You didn’t get the memo?
Your first problem is the headlights and wire harness connectors changed at 2015. The 2015 headlights and connectors are not compatible with 2014 and previous. Your gonna have to find a connector kit and figure the wiring out. I myself have not done the mod what I did was the 2011 to 2014 front bumper on my 09 and retained my original headlights. Try the Retrofit Source. They should be able to guide you.
Beautiful car bro! Yeah I know the wiring and connectors are different. I wanted to see how people went about it. The harness that you can buy to help with install is for halogen headlights. I need something for HID. I emailed retrofit to get their opinion.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. I wanted to do the Hellcat bumper conversion too but lack of money kept it simple. Haha. If they don’t answer your e-mail. Call and ask for Nate. Let me know what they tell you? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts