Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First: I know changing a fuel rail WON'T add more power. (it may "support" more fuel flow though...)
My question is: Can a Hellcat fuel rail with the rear crossover line fit on a 392 (2012)?
I don't like the looks of the center cross over fuel line and would like to hide it behind the engine and under the SRV actuator. I may need a different length fuel line to go around/under the valve, but if a stock Hellcat fuel rail and line fits that's the goal.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts
Personally I would look for some good looking billet ones with the rear cross over that are for the 5.7L, 6.1L and 6.4L, they are marketed as being the same. Billets will look good if/when you decide to remove the plastic coil pack covers.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
No.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know if it is strictly due to the crossover hose or is there an issue with the rails themselves too?
Do you know what the volume (flow capacity) of the HC rails are compared to the 6.4L rails?
I'm asking these questions because I've got a lead on an inexpensive set of used HC fuel rails and am wondering if I can make them work and what they would provide for me.

Later on I'm going to start uping the HP for a moderate N/A build and this seemed like a good place to start.
Billets are pretty, but I don't want to spend the extra money for someone else's logo...
Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
I think the only thing the two rails have in common is the injector bung spacing.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
Physically different
Hellcat Left and Right

6.4L

A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts