Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that in order to put the Hellcat grille into an SRT 392 car, that I'd have to change the whole front end. Is that true and if so, is the grille wider because of the width of the Hellcat's fascia being a bit wider (that's what I heard)?

Thanks in advance and if this has been gone over already, then my Apologies because I missed it.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hellcat grill will NOT fit any other year or model challenger as a direct bolt in. its not a width issue (vehicle width, hoods, fenders, etc are same dems), its actually a height issue..hellcat grills are thinner horizontally due to the bump/raised portion between the headlights of the area just below the center grill. The pic below shows why not. totally different size and shape fascia, both at the grill surround as mentioned and the lower portion under the grill..hellcat has ducting where the fogs lights are in R/T versions, etc that is exclusive to that front end. If you wish to swap out, you will need ALL the parts and pieces..its all or nothing.
Hemi4Us

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hellcat grill will NOT fit any other year or model challenger as a direct bolt in. its not a width issue (vehicle width, hoods, fenders, etc are same dems), its actually a height issue..hellcat grills are thinner horizontally due to the bump/raised portion between the headlights of the area just below the center grill. The pic below shows why not. totally different size and shape fascia, both at the grill surround as mentioned and the lower portion under the grill..hellcat has ducting where the fogs lights are in R/T versions, etc that is exclusive to that front end. If you wish to swap out, you will need ALL the parts and pieces..its all or nothing.
Hemi4Us
Thank You! :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts