Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this would be the best place to post this topic, but here it goes. Before long I am planning on swapping the hood on my 2013 SRT8. For the longest time I've been looking at the Speedlogix ram air hood. The one with the single center nostril. However, on the SX site they list that they will be selling the new Hellcat hood. Or their version of it. I really like the look of the SX ram air hood, but wonder if the new Hellcat would be better. It seems that the center nostril could dump air to the engine compartment or according to SX will have a ram air kit with it. Which I assume would or hope that it would dump that air at the factory air filter location in the front left corner. My question I guess is will the heat exchange vents be functional? I assume that they are on the Hellcat. If they are and the center nostril dumps air at the intake then I believe this would be a great setup. One cooler air for the intake and two hot air can escape the engine compartment helping with the whole heat soak issue. However, I don't know if putting that hood on would be like up badging... I don't wanna be that guy. What do y'all think. Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
161 Posts
I thought I saw on here the hoods may not swap. Slight fender redesign or something.

Reactions: hemi1031

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could be the case. On the SX site it does say their version of the hood. So I am guessing they are having it made to fit older models. It's also cheaper than their original ram air hood. Maybe Miley or Lisa down there will chime in. If not I'll have to get in touch with them and ask the specifics.

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: According to Mikey at Speedlogix the Hellcat hood that they will be offering with be completely functional.

Quote from Mikey: "The Center Scoop will go to the CAI and the two side vents will be open just like on the Hellcat hood! Fully functional hood!"

Sounds promising!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Since the new hood is functional and provides performance improvements, I see it as a performance upgrade---same as if you put the big 15.4" brakes on and 9.5" wheels with bigger tires. Those are all performance upgrades. Upbadging is putting the "Supercharged" badge on the fender.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I'm not sure if this would be the best place to post this topic, but here it goes. Before long I am planning on swapping the hood on my 2013 SRT8. For the longest time I've been looking at the Speedlogix ram air hood. The one with the single center nostril. However, on the SX site they list that they will be selling the new Hellcat hood. Or their version of it. I really like the look of the SX ram air hood, but wonder if the new Hellcat would be better. It seems that the center nostril could dump air to the engine compartment or according to SX will have a ram air kit with it. Which I assume would or hope that it would dump that air at the factory air filter location in the front left corner. My question I guess is will the heat exchange vents be functional? I assume that they are on the Hellcat. If they are and the center nostril dumps air at the intake then I believe this would be a great setup. One cooler air for the intake and two hot air can escape the engine compartment helping with the whole heat soak issue. However, I don't know if putting that hood on would be like up badging... I don't wanna be that guy. What do y'all think. Thanks in advance for your input.

Our Hellcat hood has a central scoop that is functional and will direct air to the factory air box area, and the two heat extractor vents will be open and functional.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts