Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat hood vs. Speedlogix hood?

5512 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  SRT8U
I'm not sure if this would be the best place to post this topic, but here it goes. Before long I am planning on swapping the hood on my 2013 SRT8. For the longest time I've been looking at the Speedlogix ram air hood. The one with the single center nostril. However, on the SX site they list that they will be selling the new Hellcat hood. Or their version of it. I really like the look of the SX ram air hood, but wonder if the new Hellcat would be better. It seems that the center nostril could dump air to the engine compartment or according to SX will have a ram air kit with it. Which I assume would or hope that it would dump that air at the factory air filter location in the front left corner. My question I guess is will the heat exchange vents be functional? I assume that they are on the Hellcat. If they are and the center nostril dumps air at the intake then I believe this would be a great setup. One cooler air for the intake and two hot air can escape the engine compartment helping with the whole heat soak issue. However, I don't know if putting that hood on would be like up badging... I don't wanna be that guy. What do y'all think. Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
I thought I saw on here the hoods may not swap. Slight fender redesign or something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: hemi1031
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.