Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my hellcat hood and black gas cap. Will get the hood painted when I can get her the the body shop! ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1516840352.505451.jpg . ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1516840368.747378.jpg . Thanks Luke , Steve white motors !!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I finally got my hellcat hood and black gas cap. Will get the hood painted when I can get her the the body shop! View attachment 877090 . View attachment 877098 . Thanks Luke , Steve white motors !!
Love the Hellcat hood! Congrats on getting it - looks fantastic. Who did you purchase it from (what vendor)? As you know there are a few different options from different manufacturers for these hoods. Would be curious to know what material its made out of and how much it cost to purchase, paint and install. Thanks for any feedback!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Love the Hellcat hood! Congrats on getting it - looks fantastic. Who did you purchase it from (what vendor)? As you know there are a few different options from different manufacturers for these hoods. Would be curious to know what material its made out of and how much it cost to purchase, paint and install. Thanks for any feedback!!
He said he got it from Steve White Motors.. That would be an OEM aluminum hood

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks. I got it from Steve white motors , they are a vendor here. Look up Luke , he can help you with any questions , it was in the 800 range. And cost a little over 200 for shipping and it's going to cost 500 to paint it. I've wanted it for a long time , once I got it on I wasn't to sure I still liked it. But after a week I'm good with it. Once it's painted and re striped I'm going on to love it. I still have to order stripes for it. Hope to get to that this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,617 Posts
I bet you miss your stripes ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
84 Posts
You have helped me make up my mind on which hood I want. I looked at some aftermarket ones, and I believe a shaker is cool, but if I ever want to supercharge my engine, I think it would become obsolete. Does the OEM hood come with an air passage to the airbox, where I could ass a CAI later? I noticed some of the aftermarket ones do. Let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have helped me make up my mind on which hood I want. I looked at some aftermarket ones, and I believe a shaker is cool, but if I ever want to supercharge my engine, I think it would become obsolete. Does the OEM hood come with an air passage to the airbox, where I could ass a CAI later? I noticed some of the aftermarket ones do. Let me know. Thanks.

I don't really know for sure. Seems like someone would make one. Problem is it would be hard to re-coup R&D cash as there are not that many hoods around really ! The hood really is nice though. And it just looks sweet!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Squirter locations

Thanks for the response sir. I have one other question. I guess if I had the time, I would drop by a dealership and look for myself... but, I have seen elsewhere in this forum that there are differences in the windshield squirter locations between the 09-14 cars and 15+. Does the Hellcat hood you have provide locations for the windshield squirters, or do they have to be relocated somewhere? And, if they are relocated, where do they go? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the response sir. I have one other question. I guess if I had the time, I would drop by a dealership and look for myself... but, I have seen elsewhere in this forum that there are differences in the windshield squirter locations between the 09-14 cars and 15+. Does the Hellcat hood you have provide locations for the windshield squirters, or do they have to be relocated somewhere? And, if they are relocated, where do they go? Any help appreciated.

Yes the nozzles clip in a square hole under the bottom edge of the hood , see pic, very simple setup. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1522462988.196249.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, I breezed by my local dealer this past weekend and checked out what I'm up against. The squirters look pretty straightforward to upgrade, but the cowling (plastic piece between hood and firewall by wipers) has a notch in it for the squirter fluid to reach the driver side windshield, where my 2010 does not. So, I may have to get the squirter assemblies, tubing and connectors, and the 2014+ cowling (or just Dremel a notch in mine).

Did you have any installation issues with your hellcat hood? The dealer here says that I have to also buy some kind of insulator kit with the hood, or it won't fit properly? They did not even have an illustration of this insulator. just when they were going to order the hood for me (I get employee discount and no shipping charges I'm aware of from dealer), the hood got cancelled because the insulator package was not ordered with the hood. So, I ordered it (probably the cost of my discount).

Do you have CAI too? That T/A kit looks nice, but the photo above of the red car seems to be a cleaner (and probably less expensive) alternative. that's the next project. CAI and cat back. I'm in no rush as I will be hurtin for certain when I pony up for the top to be cut off. Thanks.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I breezed by my local dealer this past weekend and checked out what I'm up against. The squirters look pretty straightforward to upgrade, but the cowling (plastic piece between hood and firewall by wipers) has a notch in it for the squirter fluid to reach the driver side windshield, where my 2010 does not. So, I may have to get the squirter assemblies, tubing and connectors, and the 2014+ cowling (or just Dremel a notch in mine).

Did you have any installation issues with your hellcat hood? The dealer here says that I have to also buy some kind of insulator kit with the hood, or it won't fit properly? They did not even have an illustration of this insulator. just when they were going to order the hood for me (I get employee discount and no shipping charges I'm aware of from dealer), the hood got cancelled because the insulator package was not ordered with the hood. So, I ordered it (probably the cost of my discount).

Do you have CAI too? That T/A kit looks nice, but the photo above of the red car seems to be a cleaner (and probably less expensive) alternative. that's the next project. CAI and cat back. I'm in no rush as I will be hurtin for certain when I pony up for the top to be cut off. Thanks.

It fits fine without it. I wanted one but can't find one at this time as they are on back order last I heard. Last week, yes that at kit is great , but I'm not going to spend the money. At least not yet. And I haven't used my wiper washers yet as I hardly ever do anyways. My car is a garage queen. Let me know if you are able to get the insulator pad,

1 - 20 of 36 Posts