1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
looks awesome,i love it.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I love the hood. I can't decide if I like the hood better with the black finish to continue the AAR Cuda look they have going on or body color like the red one.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I like the Hemi Orange valve covers. You can see just a little of them in the pic's and that's a slick piece of engineering, having Hemi Orange visible on the engine. :headbang2:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Realizing that I'll probably get hammered for this, here goes ........................

While the Hellcat is, without a doubt, the fastest Challenger ever produced, it sure won't win any beauty contests - particularly when compared to some of the beautiful R/T (Classics in particular) and various former R/Ts & SRTs with eye-popping impact colors, contrasting stripes, polished wheels, etc. that have preceded it !!

The Hellcat, for all it is, looks like an ugly ducking (IMO) by comparison, with literally no contrasting wheels, stripes - anything, other than an oddball hood and rather non-descript, dark wheels !!

It's a damn good thing it's "God-awful" fast, 'cause if it weren't, I doubt it's ability to impress any potential buyer.

As always, just my .02 cents

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Realizing that I'll probably get hammered for this, here goes ........................

While the Hellcat is, without a doubt, the fastest Challenger ever produced, it sure won't win any beauty contests - particularly when compared to some of the beautiful R/T (Classics in particular) and various former R/Ts & SRTs with eye-popping impact colors, contrasting stripes, polished wheels, etc. that have preceded it !!

The Hellcat, for all it is, looks like an ugly ducking (IMO) by comparison, with literally no contrasting wheels, stripes - anything, other than an oddball hood and rather non-descript, dark wheels !!

It's a damn good thing it's "God-awful" fast, 'cause if it weren't, I doubt it's ability to impress any potential buyer.

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
To each is own, I think it dosent get any more bad azz than this, this car is bad to the bone, good job DODGE!!! I love this car.
Look it at again, looks like is up to no good, that's the reson we love it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The front end of the Hellcat is pure sex.

·
Registered
398 Posts

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
I sure wouldn't hammer anyone for an aesthetic opinion, but mine's different. I really like the absence of ornamentation. It doesn't need any to say, "Hey, look at me!" I love the war stripes on my R/T, and I love the side stripes on the Classic, but the ABSENCE of those on the Hellcat is like, "Here I am. What are you going to do about it?"

·
Registered
124 Posts
Question - what is that coolant tank over the strut mount. How would you install a strut brace under that??

·
Registered
610 Posts
i agree with gary... i would take an RT classic over a 2015 challenger... offcourse i would take a hellcat engine over a 5.7 any day... which is why i decided to keep my RTC and wait for a hellcat swap. :) i was saving for a 426 but..now that 707 are available... :D give it 5 years and someone figuered out how to swap it to a old challenger

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
Question - what is that coolant tank over the strut mount. How would you install a strut brace under that??
That's the intercooler coolant circuit tank. Not sure about struct tower brace, but somebody will figure out a solution.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Sweet, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I like almost everything about the Hellcat, including the clean "sleeper" look with the subtle fender badges. Wheel choice is always subjective, but the factory rims would have to go. Just personal preference, but I like to see definition between the wheel and the tire, so never going to like the blacked out rims. The Brass Monkey adds some subdued color, but they seem more appropriate for a 2015 Pontiac TransAm with a factory supercharger than for a Challenger. The image in my mind that keeps appearing is a black Hellcat with the Brass Monkey wheels, some gold pinstripes and a big screaming chicken on the hood!!!

Reactions: RobF

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think Dodge is in the sticky position of trying to move the Challenger beyond just being 'Retro Muscle Car', but still keep the retro appeal. That's why most of the wheels are more modern looking than the '5-Spoke Mag' look most of us seem to like. More modern, but more generic.

Reactions: RobF

·
Registered
1,526 Posts

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
I'm with you, Boss. Hate the Hellcat front fascia, hate the wheel choices, hate the hood.

·
Registered
605 Posts

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"
Have to agree with Gary here. Saw the Cat at Carlisle, but fell in love with an R/T instead!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hate that hood and the more I look at the Shaker, it reminds me of a nose poking up. I wish they offered the T/A hood instead.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.