Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting in the hellcat air box with the light scoop. Looked online and see that it say for 2015 - 2018 so not sure if it's just not updated or won't fit mine. I also have HID headlights so don't know if that matter since the scoop is going in the inner light anyway.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've done this on an 18 with HIDs. Got the hellcat lower and got an AFE headlight tube to use with it. worked perfectly.

Did anything new got introduced with the 19? I'd think the internals are the same....

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you think the AFE tube is better than the stock one? I can get the box with or without the stock tube and thought about using the AFE but wasn't sure of benefits of one over the other.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That makes sense now why I see up to 2018 when it comes with the tube. See if Steve chimes in with part # I need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So do you think the AFE tube is better than the stock one? I can get the box with or without the stock tube and thought about using the AFE but wasn't sure of benefits of one over the other.
I went with AFE because it was available to me at the time. I had no specific reason for choosing it over OE tube

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I found what I need on eBay and it's Steve Whites eBay page. Tube does look shorter and listing says 2019 so sent him a message to confirm.

Thank everyone for the help.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Plus AWD
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Steve. And for the box it's still part # 68175164AC? I don't believe that has changed between years.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
428 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
428 Posts
I would add the tube.....more fresh air is always a good thing
Thanks.....didn’t know if it was basically getting more than it could use with the existing setup as is. Appreciate the reply....

44131649-8546-41C1-9268-88F60DD4D178.jpeg

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Thanks.....didn’t know if it was basically getting more than it could use with the existing setup as is. Appreciate the reply....
The gain is very minimal, but there is one. someplace in the 5-7hp range at speed. You can open the passenegr side port as well (cap in the back or plug in the front depending on yr/model), for more flow into the engine bay.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
I have a ‘19 and did this a few months ago. Removing the caps from the back of the headlights is a pain. Tiny little set screws on both sides of each that take a T9 or so...and little hands to get to.

For the Hellcat box I used a pre 2019 and just trimmed the front of the intake tube a little (around an inch) so it fit but if I were to do it over again I’d save an hour and just get the shorter tube for sure.

In my opinion this is the best intake for these cars, and without a doubt best bang for the buck! Sure it only picks up around 5hp and likely only that much at speed but under $100 and took me about 2 hours (cap removal and cut to fit being most of that). I’d make that trade a dozen more times.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Odd. On my 2019 GT the Hellcat airbox fit just fine with the regular Hellcat tube. I then switch to the MP cold air kit, used the rubber tube with the square flange and it fit perfectly as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts