Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
What bearing problem ?? I didn't know there was one.
Should be some vids on youtube to listen to, basically many supercharger bearings have failed and you can hear it, most have been covered under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
599 Posts
The best performance modification without voiding any warranty is to upgrade your rear tires.

The OEM tires are nice for long smokey burnouts.

Purchase a set of 20x10.5 Factory Replica wheels and wrap them in 305/35/20 Nitto 555R drag radials.

Now you can get some traction and use more of the 707 hp the Hellcat came with.

You can go from running mid 4 second 0-60 mph with OEM tires on the street, to mid 3 second 0-60 mph with drag radials.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The best performance modification without voiding any warranty is to upgrade your rear tires.

The OEM tires are nice for long smokey burnouts.

Purchase a set of 20x10.5 Factory Replica wheels and wrap them in 305/35/20 Nitto 555R drag radials.

Now you can get some traction and use more of the 707 hp the Hellcat came with.

You can go from running mid 4 second 0-60 mph with OEM tires on the street, to mid 3 second 0-60 mph with drag radials.
I have a pair of 10.5x20 rims for the rear with 315/35/20 Nitto 05's and a set of 9.5x20 for the front with 275x35x20 Nitto for the front. I also have a pair of NEW 555R in 305/35/20 for the rear as well as a pair of 295/35/20 Nitto G2's for the front. So I have lots of tires.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Changing the rear diff out to the 3.09 gear ratio is a nice performance booster on the street.
I'm not quite sure I understand your response on the 3.09 diff gear set. From an acceleration standpoint, I would have thought the 3.70 set would be better than the 3.09's, unless the torque levels in the Hellcat are so violent that the higher gear set (the 3.09's) would allow for quicker acceleration times since you wouldn't be fighting the traction issue as much....but that IS only a guess! I'm interested in going to 3.09's or something like that to allow for better fuel mileage on long trips where you're cruising at 75-80 MPH for 10-12 hours a day. Have you or does anyone out there have any idea what the 3.09 rear gears (or whatever that's close) would change the RPM level at 70MPH? With the 3.70's it's about 1950 RPM, standard issue Challenger Hellcat drive train and tires. Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
The 3.09 upgrade is for those with Hellcat Automatic cars, the Manual transmission cars can benefit from the 3.90 gear from a 392 manual transmission car.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not quite sure I understand your response on the 3.09 diff gear set. From an acceleration standpoint, I would have thought the 3.70 set would be better than the 3.09's, unless the torque levels in the Hellcat are so violent that the higher gear set (the 3.09's) would allow for quicker acceleration times since you wouldn't be fighting the traction issue as much....but that IS only a guess! I'm interested in going to 3.09's or something like that to allow for better fuel mileage on long trips where you're cruising at 75-80 MPH for 10-12 hours a day. Have you or does anyone out there have any idea what the 3.09 rear gears (or whatever that's close) would change the RPM level at 70MPH? With the 3.70's it's about 1950 RPM, standard issue Challenger Hellcat drive train and tires. Thanks for any thoughts!

IowaMag is correct. I own a A8 car so I "upgraded" from the factory original 2.62 rear gears to the 3.09`s. M6`s I believe have the 3.70 ratio you are referring to so I think your only choice would be the 3.90 gears that he has mentioned. I don`t know if that would really be a huge difference between the two though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
IowaMag is correct. I own a A8 car so I "upgraded" from the factory original 2.62 rear gears to the 3.09`s. M6`s I believe have the 3.70 ratio you are referring to so I think your only choice would be the 3.90 gears that he has mentioned. I don`t know if that would really be a huge difference between the two though.
The previous poster said to upgrade to 3.09's not 3.90's....if that is just a case of transposing the last 2 numbers, well then it does make some sense. Although I am FAR from being an expert, with the torque and HP these cars develop, I'm not so sure you wouldn't overwhelm the back tires even more so than the 3.70's do, unless you had some huge slicks which I probably will never invest in! Thanks for clearing this up!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts