Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting for mine and its not that MPG will change my mind, but I am curious how many MPG are the new Hellcat owners getting. I am pretty sure it will be low once I get mine. I am not sure I will be able to resist to accelerate that sweet ride.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I am still waiting for mine and its not that MPG will change my mind, but I am curious how many MPG are the new Hellcat owners getting. I am pretty sure it will be low once I get mine. I am not sure I will be able to resist to accelerate that sweet ride.
A few people have reported between 20.8 - 21.9 mpg highway driving.

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few people have reported between 20.8 - 21.9 mpg highway driving.

Not bad... i saw a video that it said 9MPG. But im sure all depends howhard do you run the motor... I hooe to find out pretty soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Like you said, it is probably gonna depend on if you can keep your foot out of it........or not.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I wasn't worried about the MPG, I was more worried about the insurance. I called my insurance company and sure enough, I went Scat Pack all the way...lol. The insurance on the HellCat was just too much for me to handle. I have an immaculate record but the difference between the Scat Pack and the Hellcat was huge.

I am in agreement with the others. It probably depends on if you want to see the gas hand move fast or move at a slower rate. personally, I don't think a 700HP vehicle wants to ration much gas at all.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I wasn't worried about the MPG, I was more worried about the insurance. I called my insurance company and sure enough, I went Scat Pack all the way...lol. The insurance on the HellCat was just too much for me to handle. I have an immaculate record but the difference between the Scat Pack and the Hellcat was huge.

I am in agreement with the others. It probably depends on if you want to see the gas hand move fast or move at a slower rate. personally, I don't think a 700HP vehicle wants to ration much gas at all.
How old are you, do you have terrible driving record, who's your insurance company?

I have State Farm am 50, clean record, my quote was only $240 a year more than my 2012 Altima, and that's with 0 deductible.

Ron

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
How old are you, do you have terrible driving record, who's your insurance company?

I have State Farm am 50, clean record, my quote was only $240 a year more than my 2012 Altima, and that's with 0 deductible.

Ron
I am 44 years old with absolutely nothing on my record, ever. I pay $719/year full coverage, $100 deductible plus GAP on my Scat Pack, $120 less than I paid on my '14 R/T. Quote from them on a Hellcat was over $2,200 per year. That was with Geico and the discount I get from work using them.
It's just too much relative to my income. I make decent money but cannot afford o go out and buy a hellcat outright. Putting $10K or $12K down and making payments on that plus the insurance was just too much for me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I wonder in real life driving... not Highway...
I'm getting 8mpg consistently. I haven't taken it on the interstate for a casual drive. It's always mixed driving...too much of a fun car to not have your foot in it for 50% of the time. And yes, when you really run it, I swear you can watch the gas gauge go south! Of course I didn't buy it for great mileage...

Jim

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow!!! i want mine... Thanks for the real life information...And yes this is no prius.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow!!! i want mine... Thanks for the real life information...And yes this is no prius.
Send me your personal email and I will send you a few videos, which will make you want yours even more...lol

Reactions: sepipr21

·
Registered
310 Posts
I heard the trick for great gas mileage is putting it Valet mode if you're just putting around (the mode where you put in 4 digits on the console) and it drops it to 300HP. I have a 392 Core not a HC but kind of a cool trick if you want to try it. And if you want to race, just punch in the 4 digits again and boom, 700 HP.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
540 Posts
A guy in our local group says he' getting in the 13's. I remember it because that's what I get in my flogged R/T :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I know rates vary according to where you live,but I have a sinking feeling in about a year from now you will see the rates on Hellcats rise a lot-I'm not sure the insurance companies are going to keep the rates relatively reasonable if people keep wrecking these cars

1 - 19 of 19 Posts