Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for those of you who ordered a Hellcat, I am planning on ordering an 18 Widebody Hellcat (no trade in and I will pay cash) and I have a few questions.
Can you negotiate a price or are you at their mercy since its not a car sitting on the lot for months?
Should I shop around to different dealers if price is not negotiable?
Any tips or advice?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
If you're ordering a wide body, prepare to have patience. I ordered mine last August and got it in January. If you're not in a hurry, you might be better off waiting for a 2019.

I paid invoice for mine. The dealer still made a good chunk of hold back, and no floor plan overhead.

Reactions: Challenger49guy

·
Registered
15,055 Posts
You can definitely negotiate price but some dealers will tell you that SRT vehicles are limited production so you must pay MSRP so prepare to shop around. Can do a lot on the phone and via email to narrow down to a few good ones.

I wouldn't mention the cash part until you both agree on price as they get a kickback on the financing.

And there probably still is a good wait while they get the Demons out of the way and Hellcat ordering will probably end the middle or end of next month so time definitely running out on 2018.

Order banks for 2019 open June 08.

That Widebody is an incredible car, good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're ordering a wide body, prepare to have patience. I ordered mine last August and got it in January. If you're not in a hurry, you might be better off waiting for a 2019.

I paid invoice for mine. The dealer still made a good chunk of hold back, and no floor plan overhead.
Thanks, I can wait for it, I'm not in a hurry.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can definitely negotiate price but some dealers will tell you that SRT vehicles are limited production so you must pay MSRP so prepare to shop around. Can do a lot on the phone and via email to narrow down to a few good ones.

I wouldn't mention the cash part until you both agree on price as they get a kickback on the financing.

And there probably still is a good wait while they get the Demons out of the way and Hellcat ordering will probably end the middle or end of next month so time definitely running out on 2018.

Order banks for 2019 open June 08.

That Widebody is an incredible car, good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I will do some shopping around, thanks for info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts