Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
. . . And the exhaust? How is this thing legal, especially in states like California? Before I got the car I was considering cutting out the mid mufflers like some have done on their 2015 392s, but I seriously don't think it is necessary. The car is just plain LOUD. You have to experience it for yourself. On very cold starts, it's even LOUDER, which I couldn't believe it would get any louder. . .
Thanks for your write-up. With my Scat Pack (6.4L), the active exhaust is open when the engine is not running and during cold start up. The Hellcat is likely the same.

One of the many reasons I wanted a 2015 is for the active exhaust. It is just awesome that a car comes from the factory with an exhaust like this. :D

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Congrats on your Hellcat!!
Smart Choice is picking your Dealer with Allocation !!!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have the same hood issue. Good luck getting it corrected. My dealer explained its not the hood, rather the front bumper sitting up too high, claimed there was nothing they could do. also showed me others on the lot, all with the same issue.

Mine is VERY obvious to me and is very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Is "Eco mode" 300 hp like "Valet mode"?
No, there is a very noticeable difference between the two. From like 10 mph in Valet mode I floored it and it slowly accelerates to 4k RPM. ECO mode has some balls to it if you put your foot in it. :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have the same hood issue. Good luck getting it corrected. My dealer explained its not the hood, rather the front bumper sitting up too high, claimed there was nothing they could do. also showed me others on the lot, all with the same issue.

Mine is VERY obvious to me and is very frustrating.
I don't see it on mine, will look closer in am.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
FYI, I have 3 videos up in the Random Hellcat Media and Official Hellcat Owners Video Threads.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Congrats on your new ride and thanks for the great write up/review.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Superb write up, thank you. Plan on keeping my current 392, but keeping an eye on the Charger Hellcat as that as 4 doors and it's a bit easier to get my 3 young kids in it when I take them to school.

Thanks again.

Alex

·
Registered
55 Posts
Superb write up, thank you. Plan on keeping my current 392, but keeping an eye on the Charger Hellcat as that as 4 doors and it's a bit easier to get my 3 young kids in it when I take them to school.

Thanks again.

Alex
Reminds me of a Charger Hellcat review had seen.. "with 707 HP and 204 MPH top speed it's the perfect family sedan to strap your baby seat into"...

@OP Great write up on the Challenger Hellcat... although cringed a bit when you mentioned the brand of cat food your dealer recommended... few years ago a mechanic mentioned to stay far away from that stuff but maybe it has improved over the past few years... Enjoy the Cat!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Thanks again.

Alex
We don't have kids yet, but yes the Charger is more 'practical' having 4 doors and a bit 'softer' set up. Which is why we're getting one of those too. :banana:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Reminds me of a Charger Hellcat review had seen.. "with 707 HP and 204 MPH top speed it's the perfect family sedan to strap your baby seat into"...

@OP Great write up on the Challenger Hellcat... although cringed a bit when you mentioned the brand of cat food your dealer recommended... few years ago a mechanic mentioned to stay far away from that stuff but maybe it has improved over the past few years... Enjoy the Cat!
Not worried about the Costco gas. It is the closest to the dealer without having to deal with a bunch of traffic and have had no issues with it, though I normally don't use Costco. I'm not brand loyal on gas, whatever is cheapest is where I go as long as it's a decent station that doesn't have gas that resembles water, LOL.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Really nice write-up. Thanks, and enjoy!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I would only use name brand gas. Less likely to get bad gas. Also try to get gas at a station that sells a lot of gas.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts