Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

521 - 536 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I buy a car adding in all fees and taxes, interest and everything. Read my posts. "Out the Door"

So bro yes. It will be 70k. Unless you buy a Hellcat with no options....then there is still that pesky "Market Adjusted Rate"

In the army we would just beat people like you with socks filled with soap...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I would have to go back and read their post, but I don't think any of them said "out the door" you implied it. They were hoping for a starting price. Ohh and not everyone has to pay sales tax. No one has to pay mark up. If you wait a few months they sell at msrp just like the ZL1 and GT500. Ohh yes I know how would kick my butt, that's as relevant as my car could kick your cars butt! At least supercharged_fun just admitted he was wrong like a man, and he didn't even insult people.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
I would have to go back and read their post, but I don't think any of them said "out the door" you implied it. They were hoping for a starting price. Ohh and not everyone has to pay sales tax. No one has to pay mark up. If you wait a few months they sell at msrp just like the ZL1 and GT500. Ohh yes I know how would kick my butt, that's as relevant as my car could kick your cars butt! At least supercharged_fun just admitted he was wrong like a man, and he didn't even insult people.
You must be 18...its just incoherent rambling....oh well to the ignore list you go.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Brent, I was a Corpsman with the Marines and none of our guys would betray thier core values and beat a Marine or Sailor with soap in a sock over a disagreement on a cars final price that isn't even made yet.

Your chain of command must have been full of real sh*t bags if what you say is remotely true.

BTW, no one in here talks about taxes, fees, destination or other add ons when talking about the price of a car because that is different for everyone based on variables like dealer mark ups, special programs (employee pricing, ect) and even between buying in different cities in the same state.

the only way to compare apples to apples is to discuss one models MSRP to another... which is what us, adults, have been doing.

you want to bring in imaginary numbers that would be different in Kokomo, In and Los Angeles to make it see as if you've been right all along... then go ahead.

But we all see through the BS...

btw, wasnt you buying a mustang in sep... why are you still even posting on a Hellcat thread when you're good to go with a mustang gt?

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Has there always been this much trolling or has the Hellcat brought them out of the woodwork?

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Brent, I was a Corpsman with the Marines and none of our guys would betray thier core values and beat a Marine or Sailor with soap in a sock over a disagreement on a cars final price that isn't even made yet.

Your chain of command must have been full of real sh*t bags if what you say is remotely true.

BTW, no one in here talks about taxes, fees, destination or other add ons when talking about the price of a car because that is different for everyone based on variables like dealer mark ups, special programs (employee pricing, ect) and even between buying in different cities in the same state.

the only way to compare apples to apples is to discuss one models MSRP to another... which is what us, adults, have been doing.

you want to bring in imaginary numbers that would be different in Kokomo, In and Los Angeles to make it see as if you've been right all along... then go ahead.

But we all see through the BS...

btw, wasnt you buying a mustang in sep... why are you still even posting on a Hellcat thread when you're good to go with a mustang gt?
Wow just...Wow.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
It's funny how i'm not allowed an opinion because its different.

You don't walk into the dealer and walk out with the price on the sticker with nothing added.

I love all the new members here. Turn their backs real quick on someone who has been nothing but helpful for two years. I'm here because I'm a car enthusiast. If you don't like me go use the ignore list.

Thin skin like thin sheet metal i guess.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
You're allowed an opinion, just like we're allowed to tell you we think you're wrong.

And new member? I've been around here a hell of a lot longer than you, son.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Almost every new Challenger, from the SXT and RT upward, is getting new base equipment, valued at $4000 or more, w/o a corresponding increase in price. How can they do that? It seems certain costs of production have been paid off in the previous years. The Hellcat is coming in less expensive then I imagined, and I'm glad for all the folks who want one, but I believe the above is the reason why. If it was a new style (e.g., 2015 Mustang), I don't think they could sell it at $59K because of the start up costs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sold my 300 SRT yesterday, so I will be driving my company car and saving some money for my Hellcat down payment......lol.
I will order my car in February!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Where I'm from, 2014 SRT Challengers are being sold for almost $68,000 and we only have two Chrysler dealers (both sell them for the same price). I wonder how much would the price tag be on the Hellcat. This is really sad.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
I guess you can count yourself as one of those non-genius Challenger owners Brent..........heres my take.......

I have a feeling Dodge is gonna surprise us all again. They caught everyone with their pants down when they announced 707hp. With this sh!tty economy, Ford and Chevy having to offer incentives to sell their big dogs, and Dodge announcing they will build as many as they get orders for, they are gonna price it right......price it to sell. They read these forums/blogs. I think they have a better feel for what the consumer wants, and for the jitters people have about the economy, than we give them credit for. I've read so many post here and on other forums from guys saying that they are on the fence about ordering one if the price is over $70K.

So here's my guess.... base $60K, optioned out $68K. They are gonna sell the shit out of the Hellcat. They will suck the wind right out of Ford and Chevys sails while the getting is good. They know full well Ford has its backside fully exposed by not offering a power player next year, and Chevy being caught up in recall madness. They will take full advantage of the excitement they've already built when they announced 707hp. They are out to win some back, and to flat out steal Ford/Chevy customers. That's my gut feeling. ...........

Awh cute another one thinks it'll be $60k out the door....Awh the ignorance. I'm so happy the Hellcat is here I haven't stopped laughing at the things people say on here. The passion over a car most wont own. If only people were this passionate over important things...sad

You have no idea just how cute I am Brent.....Thanks for the compliment. Damn if I wasn't just about dead on with my take on HC pricing. If anything I'm ever so slightly high. How's that CROW tasting about now Brent. Now what was that you were saying about IGNORANCE..... ASSHAT? .............:headbang:

Oh and BTW I will own one. And at the price they've now announced a lot of us will own one........:bluecap:

Reactions: tbrenny32

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Was surprised with the announcement, I thought high 60s, or at least mid 60s. Both of which pretty much rule out the possibility of my consideration. The high 50s or low 60s however put it within reach if I wanted it bad enough. At that price I can see quite a few srt8 owners "upgrading" which also means there may be more 392s available in the near future for RT owners to upgrade if they want to. (not including the 392 RT)

Next year looks promising for Dodge. I still doubt I'd get a new one, but will be considering a b5 or dark blue hellcat in a couple years. The problem with used is you can't usually get things to your exact specs. I like tan interiors, finding one with the right interior for me will be difficult. At least dodge is now offering the choice of tan.

521 - 536 of 536 Posts