Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in a 2016 Challenger Hellcat. I'm thinking about doing a pulley swap. (pure stock right now) I know very little about it. I'm not sure if there are different levels? If so, I don't want to go extreme, so, say between mid level and max possible. What I'd like to know, is a parts list/cost, labor/cost and what gains...listed out like below.

1) Pulley(s) pn 123, $100?
2) belt abc $50?
3) Id rather NOT have to do a Tune, only If I Have to, then I'd get a 2nd PCM $???
4) Labor $$$

Whats the horsepower gain?
(I'm at 34000 miles, warranty is done, at 36K, so I'm good there, but, still like to keep it as low maintenance as possible)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
Have you checked the hellcat forum?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the hellcat forum?

YEah I saw that........a LOT of talking and not saying that much. I'm looking for a part list, cost, and gains. Below is what I have so far: (keep in mind I want to stay conservative on this). I think this is a complete list. now, the cost? and what HP and PSI gains?

>HP Tuners MPVI2 with 2 credits
>PCM tuning with optional TCM tuning
>Seperate Unlocked PCM (core charge may be available for factory PCM)
>Metco 3.1" - 2.85" upper pulley kit (or hellraiser 2.85 pulley ??)
>Gates HD belt
>180° Thermostat (I already have this)
>Crank pin & related parts - this step is critical and many do not perform this modification.
Catastrophic engine failure can result if your crank is not pinned.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,270 Posts
I am not up to speed on the HC but for boosted R/T and SP gains are ~20HP per 1psi boost. I'd say biggest cost is HP tuners ($299)+credits ($200)+PCM ($250 to have original unlocked or $899 for a new unlocked one)+tune (anywhere from $400 to +$1000 if dyno tuned). BTW TCM tuning requires 4 credits (~$200). You most likely will need a tune seeing as the HC has a boost controller. Not sure if the MAF (2015-2016 used a MAF) has to be messed with?

For pulleys I used this guy. Although not sure if he has pulleys for a HC blower but might not hurt to see if he can make them on the cheap?

Good luck and hope someone more knowledgeable chimes in.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,571 Posts
HHP does kits

If nothing else they list belts and such

A Guy

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ripatuned Pumpgas killer + 1050s + tune. Simple enough, and probably the most mild "bang for your buck" way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts