Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I plan on ordering a new Widebody Hellcat. I think it's pretty cool the Dodge allows you the option of a factory rear seat delete option. The truth is nobody is ever going in the back anyway, it looks bad ass, so why not go this route? I would imagine there are very few produced this way too. Not sure if this is new for 2018 Hellcats or not? I know you can get the Demon without a back seat. I assume the set-up is the same.

Happy New Year.

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
Yes - newly available option for '18 'Cats.

The only 'drawback' is resale down the road - since this is a $0 (credit delete) option.

Another buyer that may want the backseat (and with Laguna leather) - this may be a hit on resale value.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi all,

I plan on ordering a new Widebody Hellcat. I think it's pretty cool the Dodge allows you the option of a factory rear seat delete option. The truth is nobody is ever going in the back anyway, it looks bad ass, so why not go this route? I would imagine there are very few produced this way too. Not sure if this is new for 2018 Hellcats or not? I know you can get the Demon without a back seat. I assume the set-up is the same.

Happy New Year.
Considering it's $1 to add them back. I'd get both passenger and rear. If I didn't want to use them, I'd sell them for a lot more than $1! It's like giving away money.

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
Considering it's $1 to add them back. I'd get both passenger and rear. If I didn't want to use them, I'd sell them for a lot more than $1! It's like giving away money.
That's on a Demon - since they're optional. (Driver seat only is std. Demon equipment)

On a 'Cat - pass and rear seats are standard in base price.

Deletion of rear seat is $0 for a 'Cat. So you're giving up an item that is built into the standard price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - newly available option for '18 'Cats.

The only 'drawback' is resale down the road - since this is a $0 (credit delete) option.

Another buyer that may want the backseat (and with Laguna leather) - this may be a hit on resale value.
I agree with you and I can appreciate this route could impact the resale value in a negative way. Fortunately, I am not concerned about resale value as I will be keeping this baby.

My only dilemma now is ordering an 18 or wait until 19. There are so many rumors about a HP bump that I know I will kick myself in the ass if that happens. I sure hope they carry Destroyer Gray into 19. :grin2:

Regards

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
That's on a Demon - since they're optional. (Driver seat only is std. Demon equipment)

Deletion of rear seat is $0 for a 'Cat. So you're giving up an item that is built into the standard price.
I really don't get the "pay $1 for rear seats" or "pay $0 for no rear seats"....I mean you essentially pay for them. I would rather get the seats and pull them myself.

If you factory delete them is the back at least upholstered with nice matching carpeting?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I really don't get the "pay $1 for rear seats" or "pay $0 for no rear seats"....I mean you essentially pay for them. I would rather get the seats and pull them myself.

If you factory delete them is the back at least upholstered with nice matching carpeting?
Yes, based on the pic on Dodge's order page, the back is still fully finished, just no rear seat. They add a cargo net thingy on the floor.

Found this;

·
Premium Member
64 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts

If you could get both, what do you think the cost of this will be?

I am sure if they make this available for order, @stevewhiteparts will have them available. I myself would prefer just a couple aluminum panels to replace the seats. or something else light weight.

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
If you could get both, what do you think the cost of this will be?

I am sure if they make this available for order, @stevewhiteparts will have them available. I myself would prefer just a couple aluminum panels to replace the seats. or something else light weight.
You'll want to sit down for the prices to get the parts (covers, latches, pads, misc hardware, seat heaters, armrests, cooling fans for vented seats)

Front Pass seat: ~ $4,400

Rear seat: ~ $1,561

This was spec'd with Laguna leather that's std. in SRT 392 / Hellcat

This is keeping in mind - say 10 years after the LA chassis Challenger is out of production and someone is looking to buy a (used) seat delete Hellcat (rear only) or Demon (pass & rear seat) - its going to be expensive to get replacement seats.

Unless someone can find salvaged ones that are in good condition. Its a consideration since someone's car could take a hit on resale for equipment that would be found on 95% of the other cars that is omitted.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You'll want to sit down for the prices to get the parts (covers, latches, pads, misc hardware, seat heaters, armrests, cooling fans for vented seats)

Front Pass seat: ~ $4,400

Rear seat: ~ $1,561

This was spec'd with Laguna leather that's std. in SRT 392 / Hellcat

This is keeping in mind - say 10 years after the LA chassis Challenger is out of production and someone is looking to buy a (used) seat delete Hellcat (rear only) or Demon (pass & rear seat) - its going to be expensive to get replacement seats.

Unless someone can find salvaged ones that are in good condition. Its a consideration since someone's car could take a hit on resale for equipment that would be found on 95% of the other cars that is omitted.
I was looking into getting seats from ebay, JY, Auto Recycler, ETC, and for a "good" leather set was like 3k. Fair at best was like 1k or cloth. I dont understand why they dont sell assembled seats already for those that want to update the interior down the road or have an "accident" in one of the seats. You know like you scare the .... out of the passenger or by chance someone sitting in the back seat.

It might not be available yet or might be restricted.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I think SW already mentioned in other threads most of the Demon stuff is restricted so that would not be a surprise at all.

Ron

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
I was looking into getting seats from ebay, JY, Auto Recycler, ETC, and for a "good" leather set was like 3k. Fair at best was like 1k or cloth. I dont understand why they dont sell assembled seats already for those that want to update the interior down the road or have an "accident" in one of the seats. You know like you scare the .... out of the passenger or by chance someone sitting in the back seat.

I think SW already mentioned in other threads most of the Demon stuff is restricted so that would not be a surprise at all.

Ron
Wow those are high prices for used. The good thing is if you had a "biohazard" situation - the padding and seat covers (and heaters) can be purchased for each section of the seat (backrest or cushion (base) portions).

The fully assembled units are what's shipped from supplier for assembly line purposes. Shipping a fully built seat would be almost as bulky as complete engine assembly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
As someone else said, that looks nice. And for a V6 owner, if taken to the track it's just dead weight too.
I decided to take out my back seat to 'save weight' for a drag night. The back seat may weigh 10 pounds and that is probably a high estimate.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts