Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening!

So I've been doing some reading and found information about the crank bolt being updated and the specs from hellcat to demon are now all the same.

Question I can't find an answer to is does the crank still need pinning?

Between the bolt/torque specs and using the Hellraiser pulley has anyone spun the damper?

I'm currently shopping the Hellcat and Camaro ZL1 and this is factoring in to it. ZL1 comes from the factory with the crank/pulley already being keyed.

And yes I understand the Challenger is more a traditional muscle car and the Camaro is more a sports car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,712 Posts

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
yes if changing pulleys need to be pinned, we have a pinning kit in stock

also if concerned about warranty, don't do it, that's one of the things the manufacturer makes dealers take picture of

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes if changing pulleys need to be pinned, we have a pinning kit in stock

also if concerned about warranty, don't do it, that's one of the things the manufacturer makes dealers take picture of
If I get to the point where I'm considering pinning the crank I've kissed the warranty goodbye haha

I just wasn't sure with all Hellcat models (including Demon) using the same crank bolt/washer and torque specs if a minor pulley upgrade now warranted the pin kit.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,769 Posts
Luke, how come the kits don't make the holes go all the way through the damper or is it not possible? Reason I ask, if you ever take off the damper it is impossible to re-align the holes again so you end up drilling a new set of holes ever time the damper comes off. I have come close to getting the holes to re-align with a fixture I made but still was off enough to not allow the pins to fit.

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
Dont know, pita to align again, nearly impossible, usually drill a new set of holes,

ps the damper should not come off that much....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts