Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I've been looking around to see if anyone has done a hellcat supercharger cooling system copy but I couldn't find anything. I saw a video of the hellcat supercharger cooling system and Dodge has it in its own independent system which helps with heat soak, running the intercooler cooler and cooling the supercharger faster.

I was wondering if someone has done this on their car. Not sure if it's a matter of taking off the hoses that go from the engine block ( on the timing cover) and running them in sequence and getting a bigger pump or if the pump that comes with the supercharger kit should be good enough to run the system indefinitely. Also by taking the lines off the timing cover would make the heater core only functional if the supercharger is running really hot but that's not what I'm trying to do.

Any suggestions or a direction to go towards ? Doing this to lower IAT and run the supercharger cooler. I am switching over to a 2.9 whipple so when I'm taking everything apart I would like to do this in the process.

Thank you
Joe

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
I have also thought about this, I'm sure using the hellcat cooling loop could be done. It just didn't look cost effective currently. Plus I think to take full advantage of it, you would also want the fascia to direct the airflow to the coolers.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have also thought about this, I'm sure using the hellcat cooling loop could be done. It just didn't look cost effective currently. Plus I think to take full advantage of it, you would also want the fascia to direct the airflow to the coolers.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Yes the hellcat facia is designed for the cooling of the car but I'm sure every bit helps and maybe down the road I would switch to that facia.
I am looking to cool the supercharger as much as I can trying to maximize every bit and to prevent detonation. Plus the cooler it runs the more power I get and longer life things will be.

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imitate as in how ?
Run the AC to the inter cooler or whatever it is they do on the Demon. Do they do the same thing on the Hellcat?
That has been done prior to the Demon, one company that makes something like that is called KillerChiller. Hellcats do not have that from the factory it is only on the Demons

1 - 7 of 7 Posts