Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared to a 2012 Challenger 392, how much lower is the Hellcat Challenger suspension stance? Or is it the same?

Debating whether or not I would lower the Hellcat. On my 392 I was planning on lowering it about 1" all around, but never got around to it due to school; not getting around to it anymore since I'll be upgrading =).

Any sources?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I hear it's 1/4 inch lower than the SRT 392.....

The Hellcat still sits too high IMO (especially out back)

I plan on a modest lowering once the proper springs come out...hopefully from Mopar.

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Yes, I believe the Hellcat sits 1/4" lower than the SRT 392. I also agree that I think it still sits too high, especially the rear. Considering my SRT is on coilovers, when I look at the Hellcat, though I love it, there is just so much fender gap!

I will live with it at first but I know I'll be lowering at some point.

I seriously wonder if I could keep the Bilstein shocks on the car, but use the ride-height adjustable springs from my Mopar Coilovers. I doubt it would work, but if it is compatible, I'll probably have that done immediately upon picking my HC up.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
Yup looking at the height measurements on the 392 vs the HellCat it's .2" lower... I like my stance on my 392 and its about .8" lower than stock so I need about 1/2" lowering spring for my HellCat...whenever I can actually get it. Since that's all I want it down I can probably cut the HC springs a little and get that and be fine just needs to be all even.

·
Registered
166 Posts
also lowering. i tend to lower everything even my jeep has been lowered.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yep, sitting too high for my taste - definitely needs a drop.

From my assessment, nothing mechanically/physically changed with the Bilstein shocks that come on the Hellcat. Majority of the changes were coding, for the 3-mode suspension, and more aggressive dampening.

So I would say the Mopar lowering springs and KW coil overs are capable on the Hellcat. I would go with the KW Coils. You retain the ADS functionality as well as the full capability to adjust your ride height in a few hours.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Yep, sitting too high for my taste - definitely needs a drop.

From my assessment, nothing mechanically/physically changed with the Bilstein shocks that come on the Hellcat. Majority of the changes were coding, for the 3-mode suspension, and more aggressive dampening.

So I would say the Mopar lowering springs and KW coil overs are capable on the Hellcat. I would go with the KW Coils. You retain the ADS functionality as well as the full capability to adjust your ride height in a few hours.
I would think twice about that because the Supercharger and plumbing adds weight up front....so it may need stiffer springs than the current versions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts