1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Dodge is really building this thing up! I am so excited about it! They are doing a good job of keeping it under wraps!

·
Registered
497 Posts
What a setup. So the guys from TFL car just HAPPENED to be there lol. Oh well still a good tease.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
What a setup. So the guys from TFL car just HAPPENED to be there lol. Oh well still a good tease.
They're doing the pre press release where they get all the reporters/bloggers/youtubers/magazines etc together for a press junket. They go over the vehicles being released, allow them to drive them etc, it's the same thing they do for every vehicle.

The embargo is what stops news from trickling out ahead of NYC Auto Show.. but someone almost always breaks the embargo by a day or two so we should see news in the next week to ten days or so.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Wheels look nice, rear-wing spoiler looks nice, black gas filler cover, throaty rumble, 600+ HP, exclusive, all sounds pretty darn good to me :D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
They're doing the pre press release where they get all the reporters/bloggers/youtubers/magazines etc together for a press junket. They go over the vehicles being released, allow them to drive them etc, it's the same thing they do for every vehicle.

The embargo is what stops news from trickling out ahead of NYC Auto Show.. but someone almost always breaks the embargo by a day or two so we should see news in the next week to ten days or so.
But... the press release was in Michigan and TFL Car filmed this video in Colorado. The Hellcat powered Challenger was not at that press release.

This is not the first time TFL Car has caught the Hellcat powered Challenger/Charger in Colorado. I'm with beer me, it's odd that TFL Car happen to be in a remote part of Colorado where the engineers were staying the night. TFL Car is like the automotive equivalent to TMZ.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
But... the press release was in Michigan and TFL Car filmed this video in Colorado. The Hellcat powered Challenger was not at that press release.

This is not the first time TFL Car has caught the Hellcat powered Challenger/Charger in Colorado. I'm with beer me, it's odd that TFL Car happen to be in a remote part of Colorado where the engineers are staying the night. TFL Car is like the automotize equivilant to TMZ.
I bet TFL Car has a friend of a friend who heard there was going to be some testing and that the Dodge guys always stay at such-n-such hotel when they are up there.

I have a good friend was is a long time tranny engineer at Ford in Dearborn, and I've been to a party at his house, and guess who shows up? Csaba Csere, editor of Car & Driver.

So, ...

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Could be a TMZ thing.. but TFL is based in Colorado as well if memory serves?

My bad on the release, I thought they did this one in CO. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts