Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know there is a specific tire and suspension section in this forum, but I'm wondering about the specific GT suspension.

Is it possible to install a Hellcat tire size (305/35- 20) on a GT without it running or will it look like it needs lowering?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
With the AWD system you need the same diameter tires front and back so staggered tire and wheel setups are not wise. I ran the Scat Pack wheels and 245/45 20" off my 2016 392 Shaker because I put Hurst stunners on the Scat Pack. The offset on them made them stick out past the wheel well a little but no clearance problems and the traction and handling were fantastic. I have the stock GT wheels with their all season tires for the winter. after I wear out the all season tires on the GT wheels I plan to replace them with winter tires and have summer and winter setups for the GT. The Scat Pack is stored for winter so it has summer tires. I installed the Mopar splash guards to help protect the sides from dirt and stones.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I wasn't going to stagger wheels on a GT.

So at 245 they stick out so I guess running 305 45 20's would be nuts? That would probably stick out a lot more??

How do they get that to fit on a Hellcat? Does it have different axle lengths or something??

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
They stick out because of the offset. Normal Challenger wheels offset is 18-25. Stock GT wheels are I believe 55. Unsure if the offset is so large because of clearance issues, or?

A Guy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the AWD system you need the same diameter tires front and back so staggered tire and wheel setups are not wise. I ran the Scat Pack wheels and 245/45 20" off my 2016 392 Shaker because I put Hurst stunners on the Scat Pack. The offset on them made them stick out past the wheel well a little but no clearance problems and the traction and handling were fantastic. I have the stock GT wheels with their all season tires for the winter. after I wear out the all season tires on the GT wheels I plan to replace them with winter tires and have summer and winter setups for the GT. The Scat Pack is stored for winter so it has summer tires. I installed the Mopar splash guards to help protect the sides from dirt and stones.
Hey UP3985 do you know the offset of your Scat Pack rims and width?

And look what I found:
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...-20X8.5ET20&fcl=57mm&wcl=40mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
305s on a GT? The Hellcat Widebody uses fender flares to run 305s on 11 inch wheels. Can't see any way you can do this on a stock body.

This concept had 305s and probably 11's but don't know what the offest was.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
305s on a GT? The Hellcat Widebody uses fender flares to run 305s on 11 inch wheels. Can't see any way you can do this on a stock body.

This concept had 305s and probably 11's but don't know what the offest was.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Yeah I just realized the part about the fender flares. #mopartookie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Using the calculator from previous comment here is what is going on my 2017 GT this Wed. 20x9.0 +38mm 275/40/20

235 vs 275
Sweet! Are those measurements to the fender accurate? Like did you measure and enter it in or did you use the default numbers that were entred in the calculator?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sweet! Are those measurements to the fender accurate? Like did you measure and enter it in or did you use the default numbers that were entred in the calculator?
I used what ever was on the link. If I have time today I will take some measurements then update as needed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I used what ever was on the link. If I have time today I will take some measurements then update as needed.
That would be awesome! I was going to ask if someone could do that for me.

My GT is still on the assembly floor. Almost done. At least it's not spread out in a thousand parts bins!

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,204 Posts
another item to consider is the GT has different front hubs for the AWD.

The offsets might be different, hence the 19" wheels that are unique to the GT model.

Reactions: Envyous71

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OKAY! Well it appears I have really screwed myself. HAhaha

I, in my over aggressive stupidity, went and ordered some super large and aggressive big tires to run as winters. I know I know, in practicality skinnier tires are far better in snow and ice.

Well I wanted the mad max off roader look okay!

Well i picked up my tires today and WHOOOOAAAAA they look massive. Sadly I don't even have my GT yet, heck it's not even at the dealership yet so I have no way of telling how badly I screwed myself. LOLL

I ended up getting 265 60 18's mounted on used Magnum rims that are 18X7.5 offset 55. I'm seriously thinking they not gonna fit, let alone not rub. Oh well maybe I can sell them to a jeep guy.....

Seriously, someone needs to follow me around in life and save me from myself.

·
Super Moderator
16,204 Posts
OKAY! Well it appears I have really screwed myself. HAhaha

I, in my over aggressive stupidity, went and ordered some super large and aggressive big tires to run as winters. I know I know, in practicality skinnier tires are far better in snow and ice.

Well I wanted the mad max off roader look okay!

Well i picked up my tires today and WHOOOOAAAAA they look massive. Sadly I don't even have my GT yet, heck it's not even at the dealership yet so I have no way of telling how badly I screwed myself. LOLL

I ended up getting 265 60 18's mounted on used Magnum rims that are 18X7.5 offset 55. I'm seriously thinking they not gonna fit, let alone not rub. Oh well maybe I can sell them to a jeep guy.....

Seriously, someone needs to follow me around in life and save me from myself.
I had my 275/40s delivered to a (retired) friend's house - when I went to pick them up - at first they looked like truck tires.
-I can imagine 305s look even more so, when they're not mounted on the car.

[SP models came with 245/45 for '15 / '16 - Dynamics pkg wasn't around yet]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OOOOHHH please tell me it will work.

Note this chick who made a "rally cat" used 245 65 17's on the rear which are exactly the same diameter of my wheels. Looks great albeit snug.

https://www.allpar.com/racing/dirt-track/rallycat.html

Mine are just a bit wider.

I figure the GT suspension is probably also a bit higher than a hellcat.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
The GT suspension is 1/2" higher than a RWD V6 Challenger. I believe that would be about an inch and half or more higher
than a Hellcat. Here is my GT next to a friends '15 R/T Shaker the GT sits higher and it makes it appear to be an even larger car than the R/T to me anyway.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts