Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
521 Posts
No you're not........perfectly sane to see the beauty of a WB SHAKERRR!!!

There's no better view than a Shaker on top of your hood, which has all the power for the street w/o the Hellcat insanity.

·
Registered
#6 of 80 Mopar '17 Challenger
109 Posts
If you are into looks more than performance then go for it. Otherwise yes you’re crazy.
I love my Shaker, so I am biased. However I did drive the Hellcat first. Decided I wanted to live a little longer and in the northern virginia area..... Hellcats make no sense to me.

So yes step into that Shaker. Besides its still a Mopar, so enjoy.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Easy choice for a drag racer where there is never enough power. Really could care less whats sticking through the hood unless it's a exploded engine part...

HOT ROD ON

·
Premium Member
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
521 Posts
Easy choice for a drag racer where there is never enough power. Really could care less whats sticking through the hood unless it's a exploded engine part...

HOT ROD ON
I'll give you an "almost" persuasion 😁. Have no idea what johnnyg does for his driving pleasure.

My good friend and current boss (part-time) doesn't have to care about what sticks up in his view 😎.

HP.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,254 Posts
I own both a scatty and a widebody hellcat.
If I had to choose just one of them to keep, the scat would be finding a new home.
Once you have 700+hp, driving any other car seem slow / under powered.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To be honest I like the shape of the wide body's but in my opinion, they should have done it seamless. It looks like they just stuck fender flares on with 3m double sided tape, with no body filler, I mean you can see the gap.
Otherwise, I would be all in.
Think Porsche 930 turbo seamless not double sided taped on.
Hey its just my opinion!
Oh yeah the extra 200 + hp :unsure:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’ve owned a 5.7, several 6.4s and latest a 6.2 charger hellcat. After almost 3 years with the hellcat I’m going back to the scat Pack SHAKER 6spd (classic body). Do what you want, both engines provide plenty of power. Shaker is retro/badass and there are not many out there. Enjoy👍🏻

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,064 Posts
WB Shakers do look very aggressive, I don't think I myself would be able to do the drop in performance but everyone's different. Besides if warranties aren't your thing you could always mod the scat a little to get some of that performance back

Reactions: Leonard

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
105 Posts
No WB in my driving lifetime. Give me the pure sheet metal profile that is non WB.
I'm with you on that. Every time I see a WB something like this pops in my mind. I've tried to shake it off but it still reminds me of a truck...lol

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,467 Posts
Really love the look of the WB Shakers. Am I crazy to jump from a hellcat to a Shaker SP?
Nope. Your money. Your decision.

I recently (Nov. 14 IIRC) traded in my Octane Red 2018 Hellcat (purchased Feb. 17, 2018) for a 2020 Hellraisin Scat Pack. The Hellcat had 27.4K miles on it IIRC and was in excellent shape.

I did not race the Hellcat so that 707hp was mostly unused. I could only experience a bit of it and then only rarely. Just not many places on the street where one can unleash 707hp for any length of time. In fact a week or so before I traded the car in I got pulled over by a sheriff's deputy because I was a bit too aggressive with the gas pedal and the rear tires broke loose and I gave the engine too much throttle to get the car back up to speed after having to slow down for a vehicle in front of mine making a sharp right hand turn. I told the officer it was inadvertent. I just didn't drive the car often enough and it was like a new car to me every time I got in it. He left me with a warning.

Also, the extra complexity of the Hellcat started to worry me. Supercharger. Charge cooler cooling system. A8 with apparently no scheduled service intervals. A flakey uConnect radio which required its replacement got me to thinking. Just decided I didn't want to own the Hellcat out of warranty.

The 2020 Scat Pack is a simpler car. No supercharger. No charge cooling system. Manual not an automatic. No NAV. Has a sunroof but I had one in another car for 9 years and I used it may be once or twice a year and the thing was not a problem.

The Scat Pack is a few hundred pounds lighter than the Hellcat but feels even lighter as the weight is down lower. That supercharger on top of the Hellcat engine has the weight up higher.

The Scat Pack came with Pirelli summer tires -- the Hellcat with the crummy all season tires (yeah I could have replaced these with summer tires and was planning to when the origjnal set of tires wore out) -- and the SP with the summer tires and the lighter weight has the car feeling like a "sports" car on the curvy roads around here. I avoided these roads with the Hellcat. Now I seek them out with the Scat Pack.

The Hellcat was a nice looking car. And so too is the Scat Pack. The Hellcat came in for some thumbs up and favorable comments. But so too does the SP.

The difference is with the Hellcat I looked for a reason to not drive it. With the Scat Pack I look for a reason to drive it. Often just the fact I need to run an errand is sufficient for me to use the Scat Pack vs. my 2nd vehicle.

I enjoyed my time with my Hellcat but to me the Hellcat is not a car I wanted to own/drive long term and put "big" miles on. And the Scat Pack is a car I feel comfortable owning a long time and not as concerned about putting "big" miles on it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
To set my mind straight before ordering I went to a local Dodge dealer that has tons of widebody Chargers and Challengers. I don't get what all the fuss is about, unless you are tracking your car. I tried to like it but to me it has that boy racer/aftermarket add on look. Dodge could have done better to make it all one panel, it looks like an afterthought. I don't want to start trouble with the WB gang, it's just my opinion.

I agree with the "not wanting to own one out of warranty". By the time you add on a warranty and buyout a lease your monthly payment is substantially more than a brand new one. But not with those wheel flares, Sorry Dodge. I am looking forward to rowing the gears again! To me the Classic body shaker is like owning an old school muscle car without the aggravation.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I'm with you on that. Every time I see a WB something like this pops in my mind. I've tried to shake it off but it still reminds me of a truck...lol

View attachment 1010036
Reminds me of that Toyota truck Tacoma? I don't know but the fender wheel wells look like they are tacked on.

I agree with the "not wanting to own one out of warranty". By the time you add on a warranty and buyout a lease your monthly payment is substantially more than a brand new one. But not with those wheel flares, Sorry Dodge. I am looking forward to rowing the gears again! To me the Classic body shaker is like owning an old school muscle car without the aggravation.
Yes I like the look of that shaker hood but it is just that much more stuff you must remove to change the oil and filter. It's purely cosmetic. I would just go with the more functional SP intake hood with the two hood extractors for being more functional and not more stuff to clutter/black access to inside of engine compartment.

Nope. Your money. Your decision.

I recently (Nov. 14 IIRC) traded in my Octane Red 2018 Hellcat (purchased Feb. 17, 2018) for a 2020 Hellraisin Scat Pack. The Hellcat had 27.4K miles on it IIRC and was in excellent shape.

I did not race the Hellcat so that 707hp was mostly unused. I could only experience a bit of it and then only rarely. Just not many places on the street where one can unleash 707hp for any length of time. In fact a week or so before I traded the car in I got pulled over by a sheriff's deputy because I was a bit too aggressive with the gas pedal and the rear tires broke loose and I gave the engine too much throttle to get the car back up to speed after having to slow down for a vehicle in front of mine making a sharp right hand turn. I told the officer it was inadvertent. I just didn't drive the car often enough and it was like a new car to me every time I got in it. He left me with a warning.

Also, the extra complexity of the Hellcat started to worry me. Supercharger. Charge cooler cooling system. A8 with apparently no scheduled service intervals. A flakey uConnect radio which required its replacement got me to thinking. Just decided I didn't want to own the Hellcat out of warranty.

The 2020 Scat Pack is a simpler car. No supercharger. No charge cooling system. Manual not an automatic. No NAV. Has a sunroof but I had one in another car for 9 years and I used it may be once or twice a year and the thing was not a problem.

The Scat Pack is a few hundred pounds lighter than the Hellcat but feels even lighter as the weight is down lower. That supercharger on top of the Hellcat engine has the weight up higher.

The Scat Pack came with Pirelli summer tires -- the Hellcat with the crummy all season tires (yeah I could have replaced these with summer tires and was planning to when the origjnal set of tires wore out) -- and the SP with the summer tires and the lighter weight has the car feeling like a "sports" car on the curvy roads around here. I avoided these roads with the Hellcat. Now I seek them out with the Scat Pack.

The Hellcat was a nice looking car. And so too is the Scat Pack. The Hellcat came in for some thumbs up and favorable comments. But so too does the SP.

The difference is with the Hellcat I looked for a reason to not drive it. With the Scat Pack I look for a reason to drive it. Often just the fact I need to run an errand is sufficient for me to use the Scat Pack vs. my 2nd vehicle.

I enjoyed my time with my Hellcat but to me the Hellcat is not a car I wanted to own/drive long term and put "big" miles on. And the Scat Pack is a car I feel comfortable owning a long time and not as concerned about putting "big" miles on it.
I get ya. Uncomplicated your life. The more stuff you have/options in that car the more problems you will have in the long run. If you leased it then no need to worry for the long run as you don't plan to keep your car that long. I have kept 2 cars 1 for 31+ years and the other for 15 years.The SP has more usable power on the street wheras the top dog challengers just can't get the power to the ground on the STREET for practical driving where most people drive. Track is a whole other world even then getting that power to the ground is a challenge.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts