Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
162 Posts
Just want to look at these options from all angles before final order.
Yes, I did the same. In the end the only options I did not get were the NAV system (for the previous stated reason. By the time you get them, they are outdated) And the front license plate bracket lol. Luckily my state doesn't require it. I know allot of people like their cars more "base" and I definitely see the logic in that. But I'm gettin' up their in years and it's a retirement gift to myself so I wanted it kind of "fancy". Probably doesn't make sense but you buy the car you want, right?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yes, I did the same. In the end the only options I did not get were the NAV system (for the previous stated reason. By the time you get them, they are outdated) And the front license plate bracket lol. Luckily my state doesn't require it. I know allot of people like their cars more "base" and I definitely see the logic in that. But I'm gettin' up their in years and it's a retirement gift to myself so I wanted it kind of "fancy". Probably doesn't make sense but you buy the car you want, right?
Yes exactly get what YOU want (y)and don't worry about the other guy that thinks otherwise. Retirement gift YES same thing here..:)

Get them while you still can because you know this Challenger version is a dying breed. Reminds me of the time in 1979 when they advertised the last Pontiac 400 coming off the line only to be outdone by the last 2002 WS-6 Trans-AM which was superior to that 3rd generation F-body in every way then that got discontinued again by GM.

If you going to keep the car a long time I found out the less options the better off you are with less problems with the base car meaning less options. But nowadays they are making them better so order to your hearts content. Me too- no navigation especially at that cost, don't need extra cost brake calipers painted in red or whatever color for cosmetics.

I'm fine with the carbon fiber option inside interior, with the leather alcantra because that enhances interior feel and doesn't interfere with operation of electronics and mechanics of car. I also like the rear blind spot warning option for safety.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
162 Posts
Yes exactly get what YOU want (y)and don't worry about the other guy that thinks otherwise. Retirement gift YES same thing here..:)

Get them while you still can because you know this Challenger version is a dying breed. Reminds me of the time in 1979 when they advertised the last Pontiac 400 coming off the line only to be outdone by the last 2002 WS-6 Trans-AM which was superior to that 3rd generation F-body in every way then that got discontinued again by GM.

If you going to keep the car a long time I found out the less options the better off you are with less problems with the base car meaning less options. But nowadays they are making them better so order to your hearts content. Me too- no navigation especially at that cost, don't need extra cost brake calipers painted in red or whatever color for cosmetics.

I'm fine with the carbon fiber option inside interior, with the leather alcantra because that enhances interior feel and doesn't interfere with operation of electronics and mechanics of car. I also like the rear blind spot warning option for safety.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I had people ask me why I don't wait for the 2023 redesign and I tell them I like the big muscle car that they are now and I doubt they are going to make them any bigger! Kind of ashamed I paid $500 for the red calipers (it's just paint!) but I had a bad case of box checkingitis. :rolleyes:
Funny you mention the 2002 WS-6. That was also the last year for the numbered Firehawks as well. I saw the writing on the wall so I grabbed 2 of them. I have cars #33 and #155. They are garage queens.but I drive them when the weather is nice. Almost 20 years old and they both only have around 5k miles on them. They still smell like new cars inside when you open the door after a couple of weeks of being covered up. Would like to see your build sheet when it's finalized. Oh, and congratulations on your retirement. It's pretty awesome isn't it!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I had people ask me why I don't wait for the 2023 redesign and I tell them I like the big muscle car that they are now and I doubt they are going to make them any bigger! Kind of ashamed I paid $500 for the red calipers (it's just paint!) but I had a bad case of box checkingitis. :rolleyes:
Funny you mention the 2002 WS-6. That was also the last year for the numbered Firehawks as well. I saw the writing on the wall so I grabbed 2 of them. I have cars #33 and #155. They are garage queens.but I drive them when the weather is nice. Almost 20 years old and they both only have around 5k miles on them. They still smell like new cars inside when you open the door after a couple of weeks of being covered up. Would like to see your build sheet when it's finalized. Oh, and congratulations on your retirement. It's pretty awesome isn't it!
Well we are near retirement but will work as long as we can. The Challenger will be the incentive to work as long as possible to retire with a full salary.
So I hear the same thing and was wondering about that 2023 redesign which gives us 2 more model years to order. The demise of the V8 and the electric powered cars coming. :eek:

Checkingtis well at least you can afford it $$$$.

Yes the writing was on the wall for the Firebird Trans-Am in 2002. I was going to purchase one at that time but was not ready financially so I ended up getting a new C-6 Corvette a few years later.
Well that was very close call and you got 2 2002 Firehawks which is great.
Now it's time to do it again with the Challenger.(y)(y)(y)

you might be interested in seeing this:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well we are near retirement but will work as long as we can. The Challenger will be the incentive to work as long as possible to retire with a full salary.
So I hear the same thing and was wondering about that 2023 redesign which gives us 2 more model years to order. The demise of the V8 and the electric powered cars coming. :eek:

Checkingtis well at least you can afford it $$$$.

Yes the writing was on the wall for the Firebird Trans-Am in 2002. I was going to purchase one at that time but was not ready financially so I ended up getting a new C-6 Corvette a few years later.
Well that was very close call and you got 2 2002 Firehawks which is great.
Now it's time to do it again with the Challenger.(y)(y)(y)

you might be interested in seeing this:
Wow, thanks for the link. Hang tough. At our age you know how fast time goes bye. It will get here before you know it and trust me, your goin' to love it! :p

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Wow, thanks for the link. Hang tough. At our age you know how fast time goes bye. It will get here before you know it and trust me, your goin' to love it! :p
yes it's even better now as I get to tele commute/work. So no commute for now. This should help me go the distance further and save $$$

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well you will save yourself some insurance $$$ if that means anything. Yes may have avoided a few collisions too as I hear of people who get a Hellcat and lose it for some reason after picking up car and totaling it. I have also heard that the SPWB is faster than the supercharged cars in a road course. But we know the Challenger isn't that type of car. It's a cruiser and my primary reason for that WB option is to get that power to the ground safely and perhaps it will help in other daily driver uses in some way that I don't know of? :unsure:. I have heard that because of the wider tires it will burn more fuel than a non WB. Also wider tires have a tendency to hydroplane more in the rain. Those are just a few negatives. But this brute could use bigger tires and that is just the SPWB Challenger regular aspirated 485 HP non supercharger engine.
Also from my understanding unlike Corvette, Mustang we can still rotate all 4 tires with WB option? All the tires are of the same size which is great for maintenace of tires. That's how I look at things.
it is also my understanding that the tires can rotate although i would think they are still directional but since i don't have mine yet who knows? i did order the summer tires. the insurance quotes were so close for me that was really no big deal it was only around 150 a year difference.
i certainly can understand hellcats getting totaled as almost everyone who has one thinks they are john force, i i would have went that way i certainly would have taken the driving course included with the package as it would be fun to beat the shit out of someone else's hellcat. i have two buddies who took the course and had a bunch of fun. of course both them are lucky to drive their big cats 1k per year, i plan on shooting for 10k a year and enjoying the ride.

and yep hydroplaning is always a concern with the wider the tires, just have to take it easy in the heavy rain, fuel is of no concern my truck has a v10 and gets 12mpg so it cant be worse than that.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
it is also my understanding that the tires can rotate although i would think they are still directional but since i don't have mine yet who knows? i did order the summer tires. the insurance quotes were so close for me that was really no big deal it was only around 150 a year difference.
i certainly can understand hellcats getting totaled as almost everyone who has one thinks they are john force, i i would have went that way i certainly would have taken the driving course included with the package as it would be fun to beat the shit out of someone else's hellcat. i have two buddies who took the course and had a bunch of fun. of course both them are lucky to drive their big cats 1k per year, i plan on shooting for 10k a year and enjoying the ride.

and yep hydroplaning is always a concern with the wider the tires, just have to take it easy in the heavy rain, fuel is of no concern my truck has a v10 and gets 12mpg so it cant be worse than that.
Good drive it because if you don't you are just saving it for someone else to enjoy.
I forget is the Challenger assembled in Canada, engine made in Mexico, transmission is a German ZF Auto 8 spd?

·
Premium Member
Challenger RT 50th, HK, full double layer ceramic coating, full external debadged
40 Posts
Really love the look of the WB Shakers. Am I crazy to jump from a hellcat to a Shaker SP?
Well if your crazy, then I must be nuts. I have gone from SRT8 to R/T twice now.

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
167 Posts
I forget is the Challenger assembled in Canada, engine made in Mexico, transmission is a German ZF Auto 8 spd?
You are correct on all three. Well, I should add that I think it's the Hemi engines that are made in Mexico. I'm not sure about the 3.6.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
They also build the 3.6L in Trenton, Mich.

All V8s built in Saltillo, Mex.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,397 Posts
3.6L also built in Saltillo South (and Dundee, but not for the Challenger)

A Guy

Reactions: Slidd and STINGRAY

·
Registered
162 Posts
Made in Mexico Is this a good thing or not? :unsure:
I guess that means it's ok to eat a burrito while driving, the car will like it. Although it may make it homesick!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You k now I forgot what the axle ratio is on the 392 SPWB but it be nice if they had an optional gear ratio one could order.
I know Ford and Chevrolet did when I ordered those.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You k now I forgot what the axle ratio is on the 392 SPWB but it be nice if they had an optional gear ratio one could order.
I know Ford and Chevrolet did when I ordered those.
I believe it is 3.09. Someone can correct me if not. You are right. Having some options would be cool.:cool:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Yes, all Scat Pack A8 have a 3.09.

I would have thought the 8 spd. ZF Auto was made in Germany?
Light duty 8-speed made in Indiana, believe HP70 and HP90 still imported.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 123 Posts