Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
484 Posts
Made in Mexico Is this a good thing or not? :unsure:
I've done work with the foundry in Saltillo that supplies the block castings and would say......"it is a good thing". I would trust their workmanship and attention to detail from first hand experience. Same as I did when castings were poured in Waterloo, IA for John Deere.

As a humorous side note: When we dove from Monterrey to Saltillo, we ran out of gas. Pushed the car to the Chrysler engine plant and the Security people gave us a gallon of gas. We used a manilla folder as a funnel and got to our hotel. Of course, this was twenty years ago :cool:.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
162 Posts
Yes, all Scat Pack A8 have a 3.09.

Light duty 8-speed made in Indiana, believe HP70 and HP90 still imported.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
A8=3.09. Is the M6 different? If so do you know what it is? The one I am waiting on is an M6.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Not all of them unless this has recently changed.

Yes.

ZF is German.

(y)For some reason I feel a bit more secure that it is German. As is the old Mercedes chasis that is being used on Challenger.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
A8=3.09. Is the M6 different? If so do you know what it is? The one I am waiting on is an M6.
Yes, M6 ratio is 3.90 on Scat Pack and 3.70 on Hellcat.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
ZF stands for Zahnradfabrik Friedrichshafen so yes easier to say ZF.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,397 Posts
ZF has a plant in South Carolina. Unless they don't have the capacity, it wouldn't make sense they would be importing the 8HP70 and 8HP90

A Guy

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
ZF has a plant in South Carolina. Unless they don't have the capacity, it wouldn't make sense they would be importing the 8HP70 and 8HP90

A Guy
OK then that might be the case but the parts content part of the window sticker had me wondering.

2021 Hellcat

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
22,397 Posts
They do make them in Germany too...either they do import them, or it's required for that parts content part because they might

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Hellcat
210 Posts
I'm with STINGRAY about Tacoma fender flares on the widebodys, that was a dealbreaker for me, it just looks so tacky IMO. I believe they should be blended in like they are on the BMW M cars.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker Widebody, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #33, 02 Pontiac Firehawk Car #155
162 Posts
Yes, M6 ratio is 3.90 on Scat Pack and 3.70 on Hellcat.

Always struggled with ratios. So the Hellcat is geared lower? eg: Quicker off the line but with lower top end at the same RPM?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Always struggled with ratios. So the Hellcat is geared lower? eg: Quicker off the line but with lower top end at the same RPM?
No, higher. A 3.70 is a higher or taller ratio so it is harder to get off the line than a 3.90 ratio which is lower or shorter. It's just backwards from the numerical value, ie: the higher the number the lower the ratio.

Reactions: Carbide

·
Registered
162 Posts
No, higher. A 3.70 is a higher or taller ratio so it is harder to get off the line than a 3.90 ratio which is lower or shorter. It's just backwards from the numerical value, ie: the higher the number the lower the ratio.

Wow thanks, told you I struggled with it. That explanation makes it easy to understand. Glad I have the lower of the 2. To me, top end is not somewhere I go much. "Off the line acceleration" trips my trigger! o_O

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'm with STINGRAY about Tacoma fender flares on the widebodys, that was a dealbreaker for me, it just looks so tacky IMO. I believe they should be blended in like they are on the BMW M cars.
Maybe in 2022 model they will improve appearance of the WB fender flares. :unsure:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Maybe in 2022 model they will improve appearance of the WB fender flares. :unsure:
Not supposed to be a redesign until 2023. We shall see!

101 - 120 of 123 Posts