Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guys Youtube channel is really interesting. He's a street racer with a Tesla, and he's destroying a modified Hellcat here. And the track official in the end telling him he needs a fire jacket because his of regulation, and the kid responds "the car doesn't even have gas".

https://youtu.be/KJuQyYYRoqw

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just cause it doesnt have gas doesnt mean a fire couldn't start with those batteries.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
People who drag Teslas are smug *****s who like winning for the sake of it. Watch them lose and throw a ***** fit one day.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With a 300 mile range, he's not going to run out. :redcap:
I wonder how quick the magic car would be on the second and third pass! without a recharge.

·
Registered
Hellcat
979 Posts
Totally different High. The tire pressure settings, the Burn Out, the launch, the smell of the rubber, the sound of my 392 HEMI exhaust.. dial in times changing for outside temperature, DA, engine/trans temp, perfect reaction time, etc"..........
honestly!!
If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand anyway

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yes that 300 mile range is when driven like a Prius! wide open full power, sucks the batteries dry pretty quick. I would bet if he made another pass without a recharge it would be down in power. I will never know because I would walk first, than own one. lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
So, the trick is to bet best 3 0f 5 back to back. Or a few laps on a road course. Tesla would have BIG problems with discharge and batteries overheating.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Looks like the Hellcat just cut a really bad light, he ran quicker and faster.
^THIS^, and back to back runs!

The Telsa looks like an amazing car and VERY fast but we are not comparing apples with apples here, my theory is the more people we can get in to electric cars the lower the price of petrol will get not to mention more available for us petrol heads!

·
Registered
850 Posts
^THIS^, and back to back runs!

The Telsa looks like an amazing car and VERY fast but we are not comparing apples with apples here, my theory is the more people we can get in to electric cars the lower the price of petrol will get not to mention more available for us petrol heads!
Thank you ! My other car is a Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and it weighs almost 3K lbs and gets over 60 mpg. I belive the battery/Hybrid cars are in every ones future. No need to hate them. They are environment friendly. :grin2:

·
Registered
230 Posts
And they don't handle that well either. They a tuned for comfort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
You sounds like every Mustang and Camaro owner when they talk about a Challenger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You sounds like every Mustang and Camaro owner when they talk about a Challenger.
Have you seen video after video of Teslas destroying other cars on a racetrack? That would be no. There is a reason why that is the case. I'm not hating on Teslas, just making an observation. They are great cars but they aren't a Lotus Elise either.

And I'd run my Challenge up against a Camaro or Mustang any day of the week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts