Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
and then have a Hellcat that's close to 4,700# (current ones are 4,450#)

I'd venture the GC AWD setup is bulkier and heavier than the AWD system the Challenger GT has (which is only rated for the V6 torque)

Reactions: Envyous71

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
and then have a Hellcat that's close to 4,700# (current ones are 4,450#)

I'd venture the GC AWD setup is bulkier and heavier than the AWD system the Challenger GT has (which is only rated for the V6 torque)
If weight were an issue for Challenger owners, I doubt they would have bought one.

They could beef up the Challenger's AWD system like they have the GC. However it would raise the Hellcat to Demon money.

·
Registered
329 Posts

While testing the trackhawk, they got 12.0's for the 1/4 mile. Not saying they *fixed* the race so the hellcat would lose BUT you'd have to be a pretty novice driver to run slower than a 12.0's in a hellcat.

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just like the Hellcat when it came out, the 5 dealers around me want 10K ADM on the Trackhawk. One of those dealers was willing to sell at MSRP, but I told him if you want to move it before 12/31 at invoice, I'm your guy. Still waiting for the call, not holding my breath.

·
Registered
491 Posts
If weight were an issue for Challenger owners, I doubt they would have bought one.

They could beef up the Challenger's AWD system like they have the GC. However it would raise the Hellcat to Demon money.

They could beef up the Challenger's AWD system like they have the GC. However it would raise the Hellcat to Demon money.[/QUOTE]

The weight thing is just something the car mags have made into an issue.

When I was a kid in the 80's the beat into the ground the "issue" that a true handling car has to be 50/50 weight distributed. At the time there were few...I remember one of them a Mazda Rx7 being one and then the Viper.

Now do you every read anything about 50/50? Nope just in the specs in small print.

Owning a 2015 SRT jeep and a Challenger have traction ALL the time is really nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts