Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since many of us will race it "as is"...

Will the warranty be voided if its raced & known to the dealer?
Will the warranty be voided if its modified? (simple bolt ons etc>>?)

Looks like they're advertised & built this thing to race, but will they stand behind any issues that may arise?
rear axles, tranny etc....

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Stay tuned.....................

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
If you race any car, and the Corp finds out about it.. The powertrain warranty is void. This is not just a Hellcat thing and this is nothing new.. Been going on for a lonnnnng time!

I have to wonder though, if they will be monitoring the use of Launch Control in "track mode" and voiding warranties if you do "X" amount of launches under those criteria like Nissan did with the GT-R.

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
From the warranty book.

3.4 Racing Not Covered
Your warranties don’t cover the costs of repairing
damage or conditions caused by racing, nor do they
cover the repair of any defects that are found as the result
of participating in a racing event.
Racing doesn't void the warranty but problems caused by racing aren't covered, either.

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
If you race any car, and the Corp finds out about it.. The powertrain warranty is void. This is not just a Hellcat thing and this is nothing new.. Been going on for a lonnnnng time!

I have to wonder though, if they will be monitoring the use of Launch Control in "track mode" and voiding warranties if you do "X" amount of launches under those criteria like Nissan did with the GT-R.
I thought that was only with the early GT-Rs? First year GTR owners were breaking their trannys by using launch control. Nissan did a software update and I believe it was all good after that.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I thought that was only with the early GT-Rs? First year GTR owners were breaking their trannys by using launch control. Nissan did a software update and I believe it was all good after that.
The 09 GTR trannies had the problems being launched too much without cool down. You sign a 3 page disclaimer when you buy a New GTR that spells out break in ETC. After every 4 launches you have to drive the car 1.5 miles to cool down the tranny before using it again. You cannot modify the GTR in any way mechanically or the warranty is void, you also cannot turn off the VDC for any reason other than getting the GTR out of the mud or no warranty.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The 09 GTR trannies had the problems being launched too much without cool down. You sign a 3 page disclaimer when you buy a New GTR that spells out break in ETC. After every 4 launches you have to drive the car 1.5 miles to cool down the tranny before using it again. You cannot modify the GTR in any way mechanically or the warranty is void, you also cannot turn off the VDC for any reason other than getting the GTR out of the mud or no warranty.
So that is what you get for 113,000 ? Total crap

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
What you get is one of the best performing cars for the money of all time. Low 11's and even high 10's stock in the Quarter and very capable on a road course.
But there's no challenge to the GTR, the car drives itself. If you want to go fast but you suck at driving then the GTR is for you. :)

Reactions: wasp392

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have to wonder though, if they will be monitoring the use of Launch Control in "track mode" and voiding warranties if you do "X" amount of launches
I agree.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about
Clearly I do know about the GTR, I have never seen paying that type of money and then having those type of limitations placed on the use. You should be able to work it hard and not worry about it transmission issues. I like the GTR but it is not the greatest car known to man for me.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Clearly you have no clue what you are talking about
Clearly I do know about the GTR, I have never seen paying that type of money and then having those type of limitations placed on the use. You should be able to work it hard and not worry about transmission issues. I like the GTR I thought about buying one last year, but it is not the greatest car known to man.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Clearly I do know about the GTR, I have never seen paying that type of money and then having those type of limitations placed on the use. You should be able to work it hard and not worry about transmission issues. I like the GTR I thought about buying one last year, but it is not the greatest car known to man.
Maybe he should change his name to "THETWO"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts