Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious to what the 392 will run with the 8 speed auto. I got a 12.2 @ 114 out of my 2011 392 right off the showroom floor. (Even with the crap RSA tires) With the 8 speed, I bet it will hit 11's. Now that's impressive as well!!!!!

Lets not forget about the good ole 392 just because the Hellcats numbers and times are out. :saythat:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I've been saying I want to get that 8-speed behind my boosted 392, THAT would be awesome.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The more I think about it, I bet the 5.7L R/T's run a lot better with the 8 speed. The 5.7L R/T will be a 12 second car in the right hands and conditions.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Ya............... BUT..... A 10 second factory car...........unheard of............... :5:

Note: I agree with you all,..... the A8 is gonna be just awesome on all of our cars. However,........There's definately a Hellcat in my future.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I to look forward to these times as well with your stock times on your 11' srt8tech I bet your right we should Se some in the 11s Can't wait to see what flattop does !

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
the cat is impressive no doubt about that i would love to own one but, for the price deference and I'm assuming insurance is gonna be higher, the R/T scatpack shacker don't sound bad at all.....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ya............... BUT..... A 10 second factory car...........unheard of............... :5:

Note: I agree with you all,..... the A8 is gonna be just awesome on all of our cars. However,........There's definately a Hellcat in my future.

It's not unheard of... It's awesome but not unheard of. I agree srt8tech... The new 392 cars are going to be awesome!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Amazing as the time that was turned by the hell cat I agree the 8 speed will help the 392. However personally I still prefer a Manuel just because I find it fun to drive :)

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
As a comparison I have a 09 RAM a strong runner after driving the 14 RAM with the A8 it's impressive the shift points are tight and with TC off it will chirp the tires under WOT. The A8 is going to let you hammer in some excellent times and with the paddle shifters and the cars sport mode turned on your going to be able to hold your shift points longer and run the rpm's up. It's the way to go with the 2015 the best part is it's standard equipment this year if you want to row gears your going to pay extra.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the way to go with the 2015 the best part is it's standard equipment this year if you want to row gears your going to pay extra.

REALLY???? That would make me happy but piss a lot of people off. It was like that in the beginning too. The manual was more expensive.

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
REALLY???? That would make me happy but piss a lot of people off. It was like that in the beginning too. The manual was more expensive.
Yes Really, I spent Friday placing orders for the 2015 Challengers 14 Scat Packs and only one person went with the manual, the R/T placed 8 orders with 3 wanting the 6 speed... I love rowing the gears but the A8 is impressive

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,033 Posts
I agree with Tech very good potential for cracking into the high 11's with the 392 if the 8 speed lives up to the rumors. If it does that may be my next purchase, I'd rather have a Hellcat but then I'd rather not have to pay for it either LOL.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
If you were complaining about torque-management ruining your fun on the 5-spd, I predict TM will be even more heavy-handed on the 8-spd (especially while in 1st gear). Once, you get out of 1st gear, it should run like a banshee on the new 8-spd. The downside at that point, is that the Hemi isn't really working to its full potential while coupled to the 8-spd, with its current torque peak rpm. With the 8-spd, it's really begging for a torque peak at 5000-ish rpm, to really leverage the spacing in the 3/4/5 gears. If Dodge ever explores those waters, that is when the Hemi/8-spd will really become a killer combo.

·
Registered
826 Posts
How much more is the 6spd option than the 8spd?

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
How much more is the 6spd option than the 8spd?
Just the opposite..... the A8 will be more $$$.....pricing isnt out yet????............ :5:

·
Registered
826 Posts
They are charging for the 6spd now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
As fun as it is to row gears the manual cars were held back by stock tuning in the current 392... It's probably a blessing in disguise to go automatic this time around, the auto is likely going to get even quicker and the manual might stay the same. :/

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
5.0 guys are not going to like the A8 392s. I bet low 12s with ease. Maybe 11s in perfect conditions.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.