·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
No, it's getting another 4 cyl. and its an eco this time! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
No, it's getting another 4 cyl. and its an eco this time! :)
More like its getting 3x the 4cl with eco. The first 2 to make it a v8 and the third as a back up for when the first one breaks down.

But on a serious note. I like the stangs. My brother has a '14. Its more fun to drive IMO (seems easier), but nothing cruises like a challenger.

Plus Im all for the balls to the wall horsepower and bad ass looks these cars have. Puts a smile on my face when I see them on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
This quote from the article eliminates the author as an expert source:

"It would make sense, because this engine already cranks out a dizzying 662 HP from the factory, and seemingly it wouldn’t take much for Ford to ‘tweak’ this motor to break the 750HP mark..."

Sure, it won't take much to "tweak" and get another 88hp??? Sure, just a tweak...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This quote from the article eliminates the author as an expert source:
"It would make sense, because this engine already cranks out a dizzying 662 HP from the factory, and seemingly it wouldn’t take much for Ford to ‘tweak’ this motor to break the 750HP mark..."
Sure, it won't take much to "tweak" and get another 88hp??? Sure, just a tweak...
Yeah,......"tweak" meaning, smaller pulley and a 93 octane tune.
I hope it happens actually. :facelick:
Let the muscle car wars COMMENCE once again!!! :redblob:

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,059 Posts
Ford will probably not only create a more powerful Mustang but also have it out for sale WITH price tag before we even get to own a Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Good!!!

Something I can use when they try to markup my Hellcat over MSRP....:)

The markup over MSRP is already in full mode action. If you have the time start calling around. In Ringgold Georgia there is a SRT small dealer they will sell at MSRP if you call them and get on the list. They close early at 6pm so call early and Good Luck Rumpass!!
http://www.mtnviewcdj.com/

Reactions: rumpass

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am told that I am First on their list at my Dodge dealership for the Hellcat. We'll see.

High 60's price tag and two keys confirmed, Red one and Black one. Warranty if use of Red one is still in effect. Black key ~500HP......Red Key 707HP

got this info from Dealer when I got timing Chain recall done on last Friday.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Yeah,......"tweak" meaning, smaller pulley and a 93 octane tune.
I hope it happens actually. :facelick:
Let the muscle car wars COMMENCE once again!!! :redblob:
It might take only that to get the hp, but it's going to take a lot more than that to be able to keep it from breaking, and from breaking other parts along the drivetrain and be something that Ford give a warranty... There's more to hp than adding a pulley and tune... There are a lot of unintended consequences. So, just a "tweak" is a real bad word to use to describe what would have to be done and that was my original point.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
This internet rumor has been pretty much debunked over at the Mustang forum I visited. Here's why:

1. The Trinity 5.8L engine used in the GT500 has been discontinued, and the line is being retooled for a different engine, possibly the rumored "Voodoo" engine. But the 5.8L is done and not coming back.

2. The 5.8L won't fit in the 2015 Mustang engine compartment. It can be made to fit, but some modifications would be required---but since the 5.8L has been discontinued, that is just another nail in a coffin that is already shut.

3. SVT is working on the GT350, with everything pointing (including the working name) towards a Boss 302 replacement. The Mustang forum is looking for a naturally aspirated 5.2L Coyote with around 500-550 hp.

4. Reports are that Ford is not currently planning 2 halo Mustangs, so currently there are no plans for a max horsepower GT500 replacement. In any case, until the GT350 is finished, SVT does not have the resources to create an updated GT500.

The source of the rumor was a Ford rep not ruling out making more horsepower than the Hellcat sometime in the future. That is a long ways from having a planned and approved product on the way. Ford's corporate direction is turbos, not superchargers, as part of their big "eco-boost" ad campaign. So if Ford does build a 750 hp car, most likely is would be either a twin turbo 5.0 variant, or a turbcharged "VooDoo" if that new design is successful. But nothing in the immediate works.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't see how Ford's new independent rear end will hold up to 750+ hp. Then there's the transmission to worry about. Dodge tested the Hellcat for a long time before releasing it. Therefore, I don't expect the super Mustang to be released until near mid-cycle refresh, like 2017.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
This is a fact, car guys are as passionate about their cars as guys are about their favorite football team. It hurts to see your favorite car get beat fair and square. Look at how upset the Brazilians got when they were soundly beat by Germany. People get wrapped up in their favorite things, living vicariously through them. This leads people (editors of blogs/websites etc.) to create sensation and delusions to deflect the hype of the Hellcat. Enthusiasts are biased, including me, to a certain degree. We want our favorite car (company) to be the best. When our favorite car (company) comes up short, it hurts. Admit it, we are very emotionally wrapped up in our favorite cars (things). GT500 guys/enthusiasts/fanboys need to find the faults in the Challenger in order to maintain their reality. The Hellcat challenges their reality, their world.

Edit: A few typos.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Spy video of 2016 GT 350: no supercharger whine

Here is a spy video of a 2016 Mustang GT350 running on the street. The engine sounds good, but I never hear any supercharger whine. At the 2:00 mark the Mustang pulls away from a stop light and brings the revs up, and no supercharger whine then, either. This makes me thing the Mustang guys are right that the GT350 will be naturally aspirated. Without a power adder, 750 hp is not in the cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRjVdJYgrk

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
This internet rumor has been pretty much debunked over at the Mustang forum I visited. Here's why:

1. The Trinity 5.8L engine used in the GT500 has been discontinued, and the line is being retooled for a different engine, possibly the rumored "Voodoo" engine. But the 5.8L is done and not coming back.

2. The 5.8L won't fit in the 2015 Mustang engine compartment. It can be made to fit, but some modifications would be required---but since the 5.8L has been discontinued, that is just another nail in a coffin that is already shut.

3. SVT is working on the GT350, with everything pointing (including the working name) towards a Boss 302 replacement. The Mustang forum is looking for a naturally aspirated 5.2L Coyote with around 500-550 hp.

4. Reports are that Ford is not currently planning 2 halo Mustangs, so currently there are no plans for a max horsepower GT500 replacement. In any case, until the GT350 is finished, SVT does not have the resources to create an updated GT500.

The source of the rumor was a Ford rep not ruling out making more horsepower than the Hellcat sometime in the future. That is a long ways from having a planned and approved product on the way. Ford's corporate direction is turbos, not superchargers, as part of their big "eco-boost" ad campaign. So if Ford does build a 750 hp car, most likely is would be either a twin turbo 5.0 variant, or a turbcharged "VooDoo" if that new design is successful. But nothing in the immediate works.

This. I too heard that Ford is planning on building a track monster. The other rumor I heard was that they may build a twin turbo 5.0 with 600+. The 5.8 is finished.

·
Registered
55 Posts
From everything I've read. The Trinity motor (5.8L) can't fit under the hood of the new S550. So they are going NA on a smaller displacement.

As a Mustang owner, I'm enthusiastic about the Hellcat. It's a beast of a machine that deserves respect and maybe even some reverence :D. If one pulled up to me, rather than pretend I couldn't see it, I would give a thumbs up.

I truly believe that the competition only produces better cars for us in the end. Think about the apathetic muscle car days even as recently as 2008. Once the Camaro went out of production in the early 2000s, Ford just sat on its laurels and didn't really pump anything exciting out until the Challenger and new Camaro hit the block.

BTW, dealers charging over MSRP on the Hellcat and the GT500 etc. really pisses me off.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts
You see, that's why Dodge is smart. Ford and Chevy think Dodge is showing their full hand. They are not. 707. What an odd number. You watch that number climb, same platform, same motor, in about 3 years.

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Probably not a coincidence the 2016 GT350 sheet metal was revealed today. Sure Ford must be jealous of all the positive publicity generated for Dodge by the Hellcat, with it's world beating performance and attractive pricing.

But video (see link below) pretty much confirms the GT350 will be a naturally aspirated Boss 302 replacement that can beat the M4 and similar cars on a road course. Ford prefers favorable comparisons to BMW than a slugging match with Dodge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyLHStnfb9E

1 - 20 of 34 Posts