Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I warmly welcome. I'm sorry for my English. I'm from Poland.
I was able to buy a damaged Dodge Challenger on iaai and for several years it has been my dream and it is slowly becoming real. I am now waiting for transport for about 2 months.
I can only see as much as in the pictures, does anyone know what these cables can be for? Why did someone do something like that. Best Regards and Thanks for help.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
those are aftermarket / added on cables. The factory wiring doesn't look like that

either they are for radar detectors or cameras? I'm aware that in Eastern Europe its pretty common that people have added on forward facing cameras due to the traffic incidents / collisions to document them.

The cables were probably tied into the power that is in the wiring in the console

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
213 Posts
agree with Hal. good luck with the car project and congrats!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a dashboard camera installed and that’s exactly where I wired mine. The cables also look just like mine.

By the way, when you get the vehicle make sure the wiring was done correctly.

The last thing you’d want is an electrical fire because someone wired it wrong.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
I guess they tapped power off the passenger side 12v jack, also interesting seat covers on that.

Reactions: Miras83

·
Registered
358 Posts
agree, I put in a front parking camera, similar wiring. I have all that extra wire, zip tied behind the radio. It could be a lot of things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much for all your help, in some 3 months the Dodge will arrive from the USA to Poland, it will probably be many more questions :)
Thank you again.
Have a great weekend for everyone.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
970 Posts
I agree with Hal and others as well. When I installed the Wide Band O2 sensor that was the easiest place to get 12 volts.

Reactions: Miras83
1 - 9 of 9 Posts