Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here.
Recently purchased a used 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T + (first domestic car) and immediately became a "believer". I absolutely love driving this car.
Since I am not sure what type of maintenance has been done on the car, I started doing differential, coolant, oil, air filters, and next in the pipe are spark plugs and transmission flush and filter (will have dealer do that one).
Looking forward to being a positive member of this community. I have always had a great experience being member of communities specific to the car(s) I've had and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and input it offers.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Fellow '13 R/T (Classic) owner here. Welcome.

One thing particular to your '13 (all pre-15's). They came with 30K mile NGK Copper spark plugs. After much research, I was able to determine that the coil packs on the '15+ 5.7 HEMI are the same as the pre-15, so switching to the hotter burning (and longer lasting) Iridium plugs is no problem. Lots of posts on this forum about this. After 64K on my original copper plugs, i switched to NGK Iridiums and got an immediate perfomance boost (couple 10's better on my 0-60 time) and my routing driving MPG went up by 1.5 MPG. AND I won't have to change them for 100K miles.

I also replaced the stock air filter with a K&N, just so I can clean it myself whenever I want and save some bucks on disposable filters. Do my own oil changes twice a year, no matter the miles. Except for some minor badging mods (and a black fuel door), I've kept mine completely stock. Recall replacement of the alternator and passenger airbag component. The only original part that's failed on this car, is one wheel speed sensor ($15 part and a 15 minute self-replacement). Original front brakes lasted over 60K and the original rears are still there at 66K. I've actually had more problems with natural disasters ($7300 deer collision, and another $1300 for rodent damage to wiring). I've since placed an ultrasonic device and lots of mint spray under the hood to keep the damn mice away.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts