Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just assigned this forum to help with all questions any of you may have regarding any of Diablosports products. I've been on here occasionally in the past, but I plan on spending a bit more time here lurking around..

Whether it be Predator, Trinity or Intune, If you have a question, I'm your guy!

Thanks,

Vas

·
Registered
187 Posts
Vas welcome to the site. The elephant in the room - tuning for 2011+ vehicles (how close to cracking the PCM)?

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Poor Vas, got thrown to the wolves!

Welcome to the forums!

NOW ANSWER THE GD QUESTION!!!

J/K! (Kinda)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The answer is that we are working on it, very, very diligently. It is one of our main priorities at the moment.

Time frame? there is none. But it would be silly of us to finish it and not release it immediately, you guys will be the 1st to know. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an older question.....What kind of increase in hp/tq can we expect from the 5.7 hemi with 6 speeds after using one of the canned tunes from the new intune???
The tunes will be the same as Predator or Trinity, so 20-25rwhp.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It is great to have you here.
Some questions for you

How much is the HP gain for 2009 SRT8 Auto using CAI 93 tune?
Does the predator disable the upshift automatically one installed? or I need to turn that on/off myself?
whats is the difference in HP between CMR tune and CAI 93 tune for the same car above?

Thanks a lot for your time!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is great to have you here.
Some questions for you

How much is the HP gain for 2009 SRT8 Auto using CAI 93 tune?
Does the predator disable the upshift automatically one installed? or I need to turn that on/off myself?
whats is the difference in HP between CMR tune and CAI 93 tune for the same car above?

Thanks a lot for your time!
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

The CAI tune with 93 octane fuel should give around 30rwhp.

Are you speaking of the auto up shift in auto stick mode? If so, the auto stick up shift disable is only available in the 05-07 models.

CMR tunes aren't necessary for relatively stock vehicles. When you start modifying the vehicle drastically (heads, cam, blower, etc.), thats when you will need a CMR tune.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a question, I am a newbie to tuning so please excuse the lack of knowledge. Wait this is what you are here for :cool:

Can you quickly outline the differences between the 3 different devices (Predator, Trinity and newest Intune), in regards to pricing, ability to tune different parameters, canned tunes, and data logging.

I have a 2010 / 6 spd. and this is one of the mods I plan this coming year.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The Predator is your basic handheld tool, It's simple and gets the job done. We sell them on our site for about $310 and the part # for your vehicle will only support Chrysler vehicles of a similar year, make and model.

Here is the list of tunes as well as adjustable parameters for your vehicle:

U7135 Stock Vehicle Tunes:

5.7 HEMI 20 rwhp 20-25 ft/lbs

6.1 HEMI 20-25 rwhp 20-25 ft/lbs

93 Octane Performance Tune

91 Octane Performance Tune

93 Octane Performance CAI Tune

91 Octane Performance CAI Tune

MPG Booster Tune

Modify Factory Tune

U7135 Specific Features:

Axle Ratio
Idle RPM Drive/Neutral
WOT Fuel 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Rev Limit Drive/Neutral
WOT Spark 1k-3.8k / 4k-5k / 5k-7k
Cooling Fan adjustment
Tire Size
Shift Points(preset values)(05-07 models ONLY)
Shift firmness(preset values)(5.7L HEMI models ONLY)
Autostick auto upshift enable/disable(05-07 models ONLY)
ESP enable/disable
MDS enable/disable
TCM adaptive reset
Speed limit
Read/Write time is approx 60 seconds
Clear codes supported

The Trinity has a much broader range of supported vehicles and is a much better long term investment in the sense that if for whatever reason, in the future, you decide to sell your Chrysler and buy a mustang, camaro, f450, cummins, etc. etc., the same tool that you already own can still be used.

The Trinity goes for $599

Now, the same tunes and features as listed above apply here, but the Trinity has a few more "gauges and gadgets", if you will. Below is a list of Trinity specific features.

Trinity Features:

Comes pre-loaded with multiple tunes for your vehicle including Economy, Factory, Performance, Towing, Extreme, CAI Tunes, Pulley Tunes, and many more (tune selection may vary from vehicle to vehicle)

Built in Diagnostic Tool-save hundreds in dealership charges reading and clearing your own trouble codes (check engine lights)

With over 100MB of onboard memory log/record hours of data

Virtual Gauges-customize your own gauge layout

View and record dozens of gauges at once

Tune multiple supported vehicles (only 1 at a time).

Supports custom tuning-accepts up to 5 additonal custom tunes

The most adjustable parameters on the market including speed limiter, tire sizes and many more!

Virtual Dragstrip-computes 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, 0-60, and 0-100 track times. Option to start from a reaction tree or once accelerator is engaged

Analog input/output to control external devices such as the DiabloSport Extreme PowerPuck and DiabloSport EGT Module

Set up your own gauge alarms/shift lights using the Trinity's LED lights

Control the Extreme PowerPuck's power levels using the Trinity's interface

High Resolution 320x240 Full Color Touch Screen

I'll post about the new Intune in a few, stay tuned... :smoker:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Intune has all of the same options listed as the Predator, but will be the Predators replacement. It is also a "1 part number fits all" tool much like the Trinity.

The intune goes for $399.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
So, there are two "new tunes" for the Predator?

Are these actual different tunes/menu selections or what can be achieved with the tunes? I think I have version 27 loaded, is there a newer version that gives the above menu items? I think all I have avail right now are 91/93 Octane and 91/93 Octane CAI tunes

I'll have to check the website this evening, and check my Pred to see if Im up to date.

Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, there are two "new tunes" for the Predator?

Are these actual different tunes/menu selections or what can be achieved with the tunes? I think I have version 27 loaded, is there a newer version that gives the above menu items? I think all I have avail right now are 91/93 Octane and 91/93 Octane CAI tunes

I'll have to check the website this evening, and check my Pred to see if Im up to date.

Mike
Nope, the tunes have been the same for quite some time as we have had pretty good success with the recent tunes.

The latest Predator update for your tool should be 9r30.

the example of:

that you posted simply shows power pains for different engine types.

The tunes that you listed available in your tool are the current tunes available in the newest update as well as the addition of an "MPG booster tune" that allows you to run 87 octane fuel and gain better fuel economy.

^^someone should post that in the "$5 a gallon" thread :smoker:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ok, so I have never owned a tuner or had a car tuned. I never have read or cleared CEL codes. I've never logged data or had data logged on any car. Hopefully, my '11 R/T will be my first...I know right? That being said...

Speedlogix posted a few weeks ago that they hooked up a Predator to read and clear a CEL code on an '11 or '12. Now I know the Predator won't ever support the '11s+ for tuning, but will the Trinity or inTune be able to handle the job when it's cracked? Can I use any of the tuners now to log or view data? Or is CEL codes it for now? Would there be any advantage for us '11+ folk to buy a tuner now before the code is cracked?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts