Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Sory for my English Language I'm from Poland (;
I buy a odb scanner.
My challenger 5.7 manual transmission 2015 when I use the scanner no fault codes everything is OK , no engine icon.
But in freeze frame I have a P0000 powertrain i trying to find something in the internet I find two different information.
The P0000 it's mean no fault and the other theory is there is a problem but scanner can't find exactly what.
I find in instruction manual my dodge when the car is equipped in diagnostic mode (mY doesn't)
“Checking System for Diagnostic Codes.”
• Driver must push the OK button again to see the next
Pcode otherwise current message remains displayed.
Driver exits when they cycle to another submenu (up
or down).
• Faults are displayed from newest to the oldest.
• If the menu is exited before the end of codes is reached
- when the driver re-enters the list will be restarted
from the beginning.
• When no codes are present or the last code is reached
= (P0000) and this message is displayed:
• “No Further or End of Diagnostic Codes.i don't know it's could be this in freeze frame ??
I'd somebody have a similar problem or know the answer I would be very grateful.
Best regards.
Mirek
Rectangle Parallel Font Screenshot Paper product

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,147 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) So first big question...do you have a problem, or just concerned about finding this code? P0000 will usually mean no DTCs detected. It's sometimes caused by use of a low end scanner, or one that doesn't support your car

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,438 Posts
Hello.
No problems , no check engine light , only concerned to find this freeze frame.
With no CEL and probably no active error codes -- there is a paramenter ID (PID) the tool can query for the # of active error codes -- any freeze frame data present doesn't mean anything. It can be stale or garbage.

Auto test equipment I worked on would first query for the number of active error codes. If the number was zero no attempt to query for active codes was made. And with no active error codes no attempt to query for any freeze frame data was made.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for help, I think I'll try not worry about this, I will check car in the future if still no fault code and no check engine light or any disturbing symptoms only this freeze frame P0000, I need to enjoy the car driving and not look for problems to I worry about.
Thanks for help.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,438 Posts
Thanks for help, I think I'll try not worry about this, I will check car in the future if still no fault code and no check engine light or any disturbing symptoms only this freeze frame P0000, I need to enjoy the car driving and not look for problems to I worry about.
Thanks for help.
Reads like a plan. Really an OBD2 scan tool is a valuable addition to one's tool box. I bought one shortly after I bought my first OBD2 compliant car back in 1996. I used it until nearly 2018 until I bought cars with which it was not able to communicate with. The scan tool was pre-CAN and my newer cars -- starting with my 2018 Scat Pack I bought in Dec. 2017 -- are all CAN. I now have several scan tools which work with my 2020 Scat Pack and my 2020 Mercedes Benz Metris cargo van. Well, kind of works with the cargo van. There are a number of controllers that are "hidden" from the scan tool. A M-B "aware" scan tool is probably necessary. So far I have not felt compelled to get one.

The only time -- with an exception I note below -- I connect a scan tool to either vehicle is when the CEL is on. So far the Dodge has not manifested a CEL. The van a number of times due to a problem with the low pressure fuel system.

The exception is that upon occasion I have connected the scan tool to the car with no CEL on. Not to look for codes but to use the scan tools data viewing feature. I find it interesting to view engine and engine telemetry in real time to develop a sense of what's normal so I could possibly recognize an abnormal reading. These can be quite obvious but sometimes -- mainly with O2 sensors -- rather hard to distinguish between a good and bad reading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts